Subject: [netatalk-admins] Afp

From: Roger Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 01:19:11 -0500

I posted this message a few days ago and had no reply yet, so here it is
again...

I'm running Netatalk 1.4b2 with Linux 2.0.30, I get afp read and write
errors that seems to only affect the resource fork (I checked permissions
and all is OK):
Dec  5 11:25:32 one afpd[6625]: afp_read: ad_read: Bad file number
Dec  5 11:25:42 one afpd[6625]: flushfork: dfile Bad file number
Dec  5 11:25:42 one afpd[6625]: afp_flushfork: Bad file number
Dec  5 11:25:42 one afpd[6625]: afp_closefork: ad_close: Bad file number

I'm not sure if it's a client or netatalk problem... If anyone else
experienced that problem, I would appreciate your comments.

Roger
[email-masked]

---

From: Brendan M Coffey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 08:49:01 -0500 (EST)

> experienced that problem, I would appreciate your comments.
I have the same problem, under the same conditions.  Only one client
machine experiences this problem: A Motorola 3000/200 running 7.5.3.

I'm willing to bet it's a client issue, if only because nobody else
in the office has had the problem.  I do not, however, know what
to blame it on.

**-------------------------------------------------------------------**
   Brendan M Coffey    | "You're level if you follow me/For quality
   GlobaLearn, Inc.    |    And I make no apology/For linking my
[email-masked] |     thinking with computer technology"
  www.globalearn.org   |         - Faithless, "Reverence"