Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk on Linux 2.0.31?

From: [email-masked] (Georg Schwarz)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 21:19:42 +0200

Has anyone already tried Netatalk with Linux 2.0.31? Have the AppleTalk
related bugs that alledgedly are present in 2.0.30 been fixed?

-- 
Georg Schwarz     [email-masked], [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik       +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin        http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/

---

From: Osma Ahvenlampi <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Oct 1997 04:00:45 +0300

> related bugs that alledgedly are present in 2.0.30 been fixed?

I'm running it. Other than the authentication related bug I already
mentioned, I didn't notice any bugs on 2.0.30 either (or 2.0.27,
2.0.28 or 2.0.29 for that matter). Having not found a detailed
changelog for version 2.0.31, I don't know what was fixed..

-- 
The program is absolutely right; therefore the computer must be wrong.
Osma Ahvenlampi <[email-masked]>

---

From: Jeff Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 10:52:06 -0800

A small netatalk question...

Our new server is working perfectly but there is one small item...

We have several different groups in which all the files should belong
and the entire subtree should be sharable by all members of the group.

On all directories we have the permissions set to drwsrws---
in the assumption that any files created under these directories
should inherit the group from the directory due to the sticky bits.

This works except for the case were a mac user creates a new folder.
New folders get created with the owner/group of the creator and not
of the parent directory.  Then any people dumping files in this
directory cannot be read by others.

What should be done differently to get all the files to be sharable
by the groups?

- Jeff Wiegley