Subject: [netatalk-admins] OS8 GM client problems?

From: Mark Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 13:08:07 +0000

Hi all.  

I'm running Linux 2.0.30 and netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a12, with all the
correct patches so that it would compile.  It's running, it's great, but
I've got a problem:  if I connect from any of the OS8 machines around
our lab (which are running either fc5 or GM, depending on the machine),
I have the problem of the window constantly updating because files seem
to duplicate themselves and then destroy the duplicates.  I saw (via the
web archive) that somebody had posted this problem to the list a while
ago, but I didn't see an answer to the problem.  Is there a fix?

I'm running on a 3Com 3c509, 8MB RAM, appletalk compiled into the
kernel, 10baseT ethernet, and in a network of I don't know how many
zones (a lot!  probably 75+), which somebody said mattered.  This shows
up for both appletalk and appletalkIP connections to my Linux box, but
other Macintosh connections are unchanged.  

If the creators would like to work with me on this one, I can offer
etherpeeks, tcpdumps, or test accounts...

TIA,
--Mark
   "I think so Brain, but if they called them sad meals, then 
    no one would buy them."