Subject: [netatalk-admins] .Appledouble

From: Patrick Scott Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:54:38 -0400 (EDT)

hello,

I am looking for information on .AppleDouble and the other directories
created.  Specifically, I have file systems that are shared among roughly
5 people and the first person to mount the directory owns .AppleDouble
and  the other added directories causing all others that latter enter the
directory to have insufficient permission to place files in these
directories.

The macs are all powermacs running OS8 and the server is running Linux
2.0.30.

I also have a problem with the macs frequently freezing up.  I discovered
that atalkd.conf was not being written to at boot up due to permissions.
I fixed this and am hopeful this has taken care of the crashing Macs.  I
did several other niceties this morning and all seemed better.  Try as I
might, I only found a few references to Macs crashing using Netatalk on
the search engines, newsgroups and mailing list archive.

Is this common to have the Macs freeze of is it rarely heard of?

Patrick Scott Pierce
[email-masked]
CGI Programming/Sys Admin