Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: purging .AppleDouble files

From: John Barry -Technician <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 97 19:40:49 BST

Hi,
Perhaps my system is strange, but the resouce fork on my unix box are in the
.AppleDesktop directory....

Odd.

later
jb

---

From: Magnus Stenman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:14:02 +0200

Guys, maybe I´m unclear.
The scripts do not simply remove *all* .AppleDouble files...
(I don´t need 20 lines of Perl to do that)

They remove .AppleDouble (res forks) files with no corresponding
data fork!

These files only occur if you move or delete [data fork] files
with other programs than netatalk; f.ex: samba, bash etc...

Happens all the time in a unix/samba/netatalk environment...

> .AppleDesktop directory....

...snipped more comments of why it´s dumb to remove
   all of your .AppleDouble files

/magnus

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:42:45 +0200 (MET DST)

> (I don´t need 20 lines of Perl to do that)

I'd really like to test that, but I cannot unpack the file (CRC Error).
You should use apostrophes, not french accents.

:wq! PoC