Subject: [netatalk-admins] AT/TCP only feature?

From: Marc Matteo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 10:45:59 -0800

Hi all,

I'm running Netatalk 1.4b2 (with the Solaris patch) on a Solaris 2.5 box.
The appletalk routing is (as mentioned here) somewhat flakey and has caused
problems.  I've disabled the PAPd portion as we don't need to print for the
server.

I was wondering if there was/will be a way to run ONLY the TCP/IP (ala
asun's patches) side of things and if that wouldn't make for a smaller,
lighter (faster) implementation of netatalk.

Thanks,
Marc

---

From: John Sutton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:47:36 +0000

You don't need to start up appletalk before starting afpd (although it will log a few messages in consequence) and the ASIP side of things will still work.  Also, there is a switch for the asun-patched afpd to turn off the DDP side, -D I think?, (which stops the mess in the log) but whether it actually speeds anything up I doubt.

>lighter (faster) implementation of netatalk.
***************************************************
John Sutton
SCL Computer Services
URL http://www.scl.co.uk/
Tel. +44 (0) 1239 621021
***************************************************