Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] init scripts

From: [email-masked] (John Sutton)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 23:14:03 +0000

>1) Run manually the script shuts down the appletalk stuff apperently just
>fine and my Mac users don't hang.  Problem is I can't restart the 'atalk'
>deamon again - it complains about a child dying - and I have to reboot.

That sounds like you need to restart appletalk. If you've got appletalk
built as a module, that's easy - just rmmod it.  If you've built it into
your kernel I think you've no choice but to reboot (but I might me wrong?)

>2) On shutdown the script fails to run at all (causing more of the problems
>above) even though all of the other shutdown/reboot scripts execute just
>fine.  Now this probably isn't a neteatalk problem at all but I thought I'd
>bring it up.

Have you got the Kxxxxx soft link(s) in the appropriate directories?

***********************
John Sutton
SCL Computer Services
http://www.scl.co.uk
Tel +44 (0) 1239 621021
***********************