Subject: [netatalk-admins] directory creation problems with a17.2

From: "Philip R. Thompson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:06:33 -0500

Hi,

I've installed asun's 17.2 version on a solaris 2.5.1 box. Buuuut...

I can't get directories and their contents to copy over or empty 
directories
to be created without a false error message. When a folder
is dragged onto the server a message appears complaining about 
permissions,
then proceeds to create the directory but fails to copy its contents. 
 The contents can then
be copied into the just created folder in a second operation without 
incident.
Deleting folders works fine.  The permissions on the mac and 
workstation
look fine.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Philip Thompson
MIT, School of Arch. and Planning

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philip Thompson                           | [email-masked]
Computer Resource Lab., Rm 9-532          | 617-253-3535  (phone)
MIT School of Architecture and Planning   | 617-253-3625  (fax)
105 Massachusetts Avenue                  |
Cambridge, MA  02139                      |
------------------------------------------------------------------------