Subject: patches for showing dot files?

From: Hal Wine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:46:05 -0400

Has anyone done a set of patches to allow the Mac to see dot files 
(including directories)?  (There's about 13 or so places '.' shows up in 
the afpd code. Maybe it's just a change to the one in enumerate.c.)

Since I've just started evaluating netatalk for a client, maybe someone's 
solved the bigger problem: using a Mac to backup the unix box, including 
all dot files.

I'm currently looking at the 1.3.3 source, as I'd prefer not to be in
the beta loop. ;-)

Thanks for any pointers....
-- 
Hal Wine <[email-masked]>				DTOR Consulting

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 20:35:18 -0400 (EDT)

It is claimed, but unverified, that Hal Wine wrote:
[...]
> I'm currently looking at the 1.3.3 source, as I'd prefer not to be in

And yet the beta2 has been stable for a LONG time (longer that most
Netscape releases are current).

I'm having trouble - the Mac to backup the unix box.  A number of
things jump to my mind, least of all the permissions/user/group
issues (the mac *is* mono-user) and that Unix has lots of backup
tools available - from dump and tar to AMANDA....

chuck