Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk problem on solaris 2.5.1

From: Quay Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello.  For some reason, the atalkd daemon would die every so often on my
solaris box.  Here's a clip of the messages/log that atalkd dumps:

---
Jul 22 02:29:18 church atalkd[180]: route: 31810 -> 1221.104: No such file
or directory
Jul 22 02:29:18 church atalkd[180]: route: 31811 -> 1221.104: No such file
or directory
Jul 22 02:32:42 church atalkd[180]: rtmp_packet: can't remove loopback: No
such file or directory
Jul 22 02:32:45 church atalkd[180]: looproute panic two routes
---

Do anyone have any idea why this happens or how do I go about fixing this?  
The logs said "No such file or directory", what file or directory are they
talking about?

						[email-masked]

---

From: Bill Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

> The logs said "No such file or directory", what file or directory are they

I'm not positive, but I think atalkd is trying to contact the router
involved in a link, and failing. Which is weird as atalkd is supposed to
be the router involved. :-) Or a routing socket has been opened to a
now-defunct routing process, and there's a problem getting the changes to
propogate.

Take care,

Bill

---

From: Quay Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 15:03:58 -0700 (PDT)

> now-defunct routing process, and there's a problem getting the changes to

According to the log, it said that it's trying to contact 1221:104.

I did a nbplkup and got the following information about 1221.104

               Banshee.ATM1/0.5:ciscoRouter 	1221.104:254
                        Banshee:SNMP Agent	1221.104:8

Does anyone know why is it going out to the router/snmp agent?  

					-quay