Subject: [netatalk-admins] automatic mounting of CD's

From: Marc Heckmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 19:54:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

	Does anyone know of a way that CD's can be automatically mounted
when their being accessed through netatalk such as can be done with samba
using it's "preexec" option. Thanks in advance.

	Marc Heckmann

---

From: Gonzalo Garcia-Agullo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 03:46:43 +0200 (MET DST)

> using it's "preexec" option. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if netatalk cannot do it itself, but your unix box can -- via
the automount daemon: as soon as any process tries to access any defined
directory, the automounter will transparently mount that device, and will
unmount it after any specified idle time. 

Depending on your unix flavour, you already have such feature in your OS
as "amd" or "automountd", or you can install GNU amd yourself. 

Regards,
___________________________Gonzalo G. Agullo_________________________________
Joint Research Center/European Commission              Universidad de Sevilla
Institute of Prospective Technological Studies     Fac Informatica, ofic 3.25
World Trade Center, E-41092 Isla de la Cartuja    Av Reina Mercedes - E-41012
Email: <[email-masked]>        <[email-masked]>
Tel: +34 5 448 8362; Fax: 448 8339         Tel: +34 5 455 2791; Fax: 455 2759
http://www.jrc.es/                                       http://www.cs.us.es/