Subject: [netatalk-admins] Errors at starting atalkd: Too many routes/iface / setifaddr: eth0: Invalid argument

From: udatny <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 00:29:37 +0200

hello,

got a problem to start atalkd.... i dont know why.... for some weeks it
worked well and now (after a network crash at the company) couldnt get
atalkd started anymore.

my atalkd.conf looks like this;     eth0 -phase 2 -net 65280-65534 -addr
65280.84

and always get these error-messages;
at starting (bootup);

Oct 23 23:12:18 rttm kernel: 3c59x.c/3c900.c:v0.41 6/16/97 Donald Becker
[email-masked]
Oct 23 23:12:18 rttm kernel: loading device 'eth0'...
Oct 23 23:12:18 rttm kernel: eth0: 3Com 3c905 Boomerang 100baseTx at
0x6400, 00:60:97:af:4c:a1, IRQ 11
Oct 23 23:12:18 rttm kernel:   8K word-wide RAM 3:5 Rx:Tx split,
autoselect/MIIinterface.
Oct 23 23:12:18 rttm kernel:   Enabling bus-master transmits and
whole-frame receives.
Oct 23 23:12:18 rttm kernel: eth0: Overriding PCI latency timer (CFLT)
setting of 32, new value is 248.
Oct 23 23:12:19 rttm kernel: Too many routes/iface.
Oct 23 23:12:19 rttm atalkd[144]: setifaddr: eth0: Invalid argument
Oct 23 23:12:44 rttm papd[154]: can't register rttm:LaserWriter@*
Oct 23 23:12:44 rttm afpd[156]: Can't register rttm:AFPServer@*
Oct 24 05:13:35 rttm atalkd[996]: setifaddr: lo: Operation not permitted

Oct 24 05:13:38 rttm atalkd[1000]: setifaddr: lo: Operation not
permitted

and then, when i try to start atald manually;

Oct 24 06:17:09 rttm kernel: Too many routes/iface.
Oct 24 06:17:09 rttm atalkd[634]: setifaddr: eth0: Invalid argument

who knows any help?

ud.