Subject: [netatalk-admins] Unable to read disk?

From: Brendan M Coffey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:05:46 -0500 (EST)

All:

When trying to access a FileMaker database stored on my fileserver
(RedHat 2.0.30, netatalk 1.3.3), FileMaker Pro generates the following
error:

Sorry, FileMaker is unable to read the disk.
Click Retry to try again, or click Quit and copy
the file to another disk. (Error -39 at 23866)

This error cropped up WHILE the database was open in FileMaker 2.1,
and the file is now unopenable (though it is copyable) from any
disk.

Has anyone run into anything similar?  Any ideas?

**--------------------------------------------------------------------**
   Brendan M Coffey    | "...what mattered most was what was true, not
   GlobaLearn, Inc.    |  merely what would make us feel better."
[email-masked] |    - Ann Druyan, from the Eiplogue to
  www.globalearn.org   |    Carl Sagan's "Billions and Billions"

---

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 12:59:48 +0100

>Has anyone run into anything similar?  Any ideas?

I encountered a similar problem with HyperCard stacks after the mac, which
had them opened, crashed. Making a copy and removing the unopenable file
solved the problem though. (linux 2.0.30, netatalkt 1.4b2)

greetings
gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 gregor retti ----------- http://germanistik.uibk.ac.at/germ/retti.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------