Subject: [netatalk-admins] problem to login with more users

From: tom rossmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:52:36 +0100

Hello, I have a applenetwork to use a omnis database program. I have
installed netatalk 1.14b  on red head, to use as a fileserver. When I
login with 1 user it works OK. When I try to login with a second user in
my datafile, I get "acces denied to omnis data". I tried with several
users, passwords and so on. Can somebodey advise me? Thanks Tom Rossmark

---

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:06:55 +0200

>users, passwords and so on. Can somebodey advise me? Thanks Tom Rossmark

this sounds to me as if your omnis db opens the file(s) of the database for
the first user and wont let it (them) be opened a second time for a second
user. as far as I understand your approach you want to make the database
multiuser by simple filesharing - I doubt if that will work.

greetings
gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 gregor retti ---------------- http://germ2.uibk.ac.at/germ/retti.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------