Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] a17 failed compilation

From: Dave Zarzycki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 97 18:38:31 -0800

On 10/27/97 5:54 PM, Walt Bigelow ([email-masked]) wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Bill Butler wrote:
>
>> Have any linux slackware 2.0.30 users successfully patched, compiled, &
>> installed asun's a17 version of netatalk? The compile/install fails on me
>> everytime. I'm currently just running 1.4b2.
>> 
>> I even tried downloading asun's complete version instead of patching 1.4b2
>> separately.
>Yes I have that same problem... seems its looking for specific libs that
>are packed with REDHAT(I cannot remember specs right now tho :/)... I have
>not been able to compile it.. tho appleshare IP would be nice.. 

I have had the same problems with a generic RedHat 4.2 system. Sigh.

It was fixed through carefully upgrading to the latest libc (non glibc) 
and ld.so, and friends. If you want, I can post the rpm versions of 
critical packages.

davez

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave Zarzycki                                Student
Intern                                       San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc.                         [email-masked]
[email-masked]                           [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprints (RSA):  8AF2 1040 8A9C D025  47BE 70DD A51C C887
DSS/Diffie-Hellman: CB9E 2621 B4BA 3F96 3516  B312 15B4 D842 3809 EF99
Contact pgpkeys.mit.edu for my public keys.