Subject: [netatalk-admins] character mapping

From: chris thoen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:33:16 +0200

I started  using netatalk 1.3.3 on linux 2.0  several weeks ago.

I sometimes have problems with character mapping : a character that
existed already on the disk before starting up netatalk a few weeks ago,
is mapped wrong.

Is there some table read by netatalk, where I can do some character
mapping? 

Thanks,

Chris 
-- 
Chris THOEN
Systeembeheerder Net it be
Posthoflei 3
2600  BERCHEM
tel	:	03/286.04.34
fax	:	03/286.04.70
email	:	[email-masked]
url	:	www.netit.be

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:44:33 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is there some table read by netatalk, where I can do some character

What kind of character do you mean? Filenames or Linefeed-Translation?
In Netatalk 1.4b2 there is a compile-time option in etc/afpd, which you 
may switch off to do no CR->LF and vice-versa conversion (and thus 
corrupting binary files if they weren't successfully registered with 
netatalk).

:wq! PoC