Subject: [netatalk-admins] HELP: nbprgstr problems with Linux

From: Geoff Ghose <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:55:18 -0500

I have a rather strange situation.  For almost a year I've been running
netatalk on a Linux box,
and it works pretty much flawlessly.  To protect the innocent, let's call
it machine A.

We recently purchased another machine running Linux (machine B).  I
basically just copied
over all of the already working stuff to machine B.

Now the symptoms:

	1) machine B doesn't appear in the chooser, nor if you use
AppleTalk polling
programs such Trawl and LanSatellite

	2) machine A appears fine in all of the above

	3) AFP over TCP/IP works fine over both machines A and B.

	4) nbplkup returns nothing when run on machine B

	5) nbplkup on machine A doesn't report itself (feature/bug?) but
does report machine B!

	6) when nbprgstr is run on machine B, it responds with a connection
timed out message

I tried -seed in atalkd.conf to no avail.

Machine B has different Ethernet hardware than machine A.
Machine B kernel is 2.0.30; machine A is 2.0.27

The netatalk version is netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a14

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

*************************************************************************
        Geoff Ghose
        Div. of Neuroscience            One Baylor Plaza S603
        Baylor College of Medicine      Houston, TX 77030
        (713) 798-3277                  Fax:(713) 798-3282

        Internet:  [email-masked]
                           [email-masked]
	        http://dna.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu/~geoff

        PGP key: http://dna.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu/~geoff/pub-pgp-key

        And what is more, I agree with everything I have just said.
			-	Piet Koornhoff