Subject: [netatalk-admins] Timeout Errors

From: Dave Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 18:25:17 +0930

Hi,

I am running Netatalk on a Linux box to service the Macs on a small
network and everything seems fine except for a lot of timed out errors.
eg:

Aug 11 09:46:45 marx afpd[9456]: afp_write: asp_wrtcont: Connection
timed out
Aug 11 09:52:09 marx afpd[9456]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed
out
Aug 11 09:53:00 marx afpd[9506]: afp_write: asp_wrtcont: Connection
timed out
Aug 11 10:28:39 marx afpd[8965]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed
out

Mostly the messages are of the afp_die variety above.

Does anyone have an idea as to whats going wrong. Omly a couple of
machines are having this problem, and the users have to trash the
netatalk mounted volume and log on again.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
David Schroeder				Darwin Network Services
Ph/Fax (08) 8932 1156			PO Box 82383
(Int) +61 8 8932 1156			Casuarina N.T
					Australia 0811