Subject: [netatalk-admins] FreeBSD...

From: James Chelin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:04:48 -0800

I have been using Netatalk 1.4b2 with FreeBSD 2.2.2 for a few weeks now..
I have like 5 people always connected using it, and it works pretty good..
 However I have tried to connect more MAC's than that, and after like 6 it
wont let me connect anymore..  If someone could help tell me where to look
I would greatly appreciate it..    

Also, I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading my 1.4b2 to
1.4b2+asun17??  Most of the stuff I have seen refers to changes for system
8..  All my macs use system 7..  opinions?

Thanks,

James Chelin

---

From: Bill Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:53:55 -0800 (PST)

> I would greatly appreciate it..    

man afpd will tell you that you need to start afpd with the -c
max_number_of_conections option to have more than 5 users.

Take care,

Bill

---

From: Alistair Riddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 13:22:56 +0000 (GMT)

man afpd:

       -c maxconnections
              Specifies  the  maximum  number  of  connections to
              allow for this afpd.  The default is 5.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 447 7931 Ext 176       Fax: +44 131 452 8594