Subject: [netatalk-admins] afpd does not respond

From: Eddy Thesee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:22:30 +0200

Hi,

I use netatalk 1.4b2 everything is fine and I can see my server in the 
appleshare but I can't connect to it.... It doesn't answer....
Did I miss something?

---

From: Georg Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:26:12 +0200 (MEST)

> appleshare but I can't connect to it.... It doesn't answer....
I've had the same Problem on a 386 with an NE2000. Since I only
intended to use it as a test machine I didn't bother to track that problem
any further. I'm now successfuly running 1.4b2 on a Pentium with 3COM as
well as on another Pentium and a 486 with NE2000. All machines are running
Linux 2.0.29.

-- 
Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi

---

From: m* <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:24:36 -0500

my 1.4b2-4 server logs:

Jul 22 16:28:37 apps afpd[291]: atp_sreq to (5) 32511.164:245
Jul 22 16:31:19 apps afpd[291]: kill: No such process
Jul 22 16:31:19 apps afpd[291]: asp_alrm: 6149 timed out

after which all conections are dropped and a reboot is required
to restore connectivity.

in rtfm and search mode, but pointers would be helpful.

m*

-- 
"The Shining One"
--