Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems printing from mac to linux printer!

From: EASi Engineering Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:39:03 +0100

Hi!

I'm using netatalk 1.42b2 on S.u.S.E 5.1 Linux-Box!

Printing from Linux to the printer (attached to parallel port linux box)
works fine, but not from the macs.

I heard about some problems using lp or plp with spooling. I tried both
with adding some links from "/dev/lp1" to "/dev/printer" and
"/var/run/printer". But I didn't succed. I got the following messages:

Dec 16 22:23:59 lisa papd[160]: child 230 for "LaserJet 6P L" from
65280.27        
Dec 16 22:23:59 lisa papd[230]: read_ppd .ppd: No such file or
directory           
Dec 16 22:24:06 lisa papd[230]: lp_conn_unix connect /dev/printer:
Connection refused
Dec 16 22:24:06 lisa papd[230]: lp_print: lp_conn_unix: Connection
refused         
Dec 16 22:24:06 lisa papd[160]: child 230
done                                     

But I'm not sure how to fix the problem.
Which printer spooler should I take?
Has anyone an idea?

Regards
Lutz
-- 

EASi-Engineering GmbH			Tel.	++49 (0) 6023 / 970706
Roentgenstr. 4				Fax	++49 (0) 6023 / 970170
63755 Alzenau				E-Mail	[email-masked]