Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and large shared volumes?

From: Ben Burch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 97 19:10:15 -0500

When I connect to a very large volume using netatalk, none of the numbers 
reported by the Mac Finder are correct.  Especially a problem is that it 
thinks I have only about 80 MB free on a volume that has many GB free.  I 
understand that this is some sort of numeric overflow, but I am unsure as 
to how to correct it.  Have any of you folks had the same difficulty?

Many thanks!

--
"Love is the law, love under will."

Ben Burch
[email-masked]

---

From: "Michael Rothwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 07:56:10 -0400

I've had the same problem. I was using 1.4b2 to share a 6GB drive and a 9GB
drive. The Macs, of course, reported 2GB for each. When I copied 2GB to
each netatalk volumes, the Macs said that the drives were full and refused
to copy any more. I copied another chunk of data to the drives from a PC
(server also running samba) to push disk usage over 2GB. THe Macs then
reported a negative number of free bytes available, but would copy to the
drives w/o error.

A little annoying...

Michael Rothwell
Holly Springs, NC
[email-masked]

----------
> From: Ben Burch <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and large shared volumes?
> Date: Thursday, July 31, 1997 8:10 PM
>

---

From: Ben Burch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 11:28:38 -0500

>I'm not so sure I want to start playing games with reported file sizes.
>Instead, I split the 3.7 GB partition into 2.0 and 1.7 GB partitions, and now
>it's working.

Not an option for us;  This is a 9 GB filespace, and cannot be 
partitioned...

Ben Burch
[email-masked]