Subject: [netatalk-admins] pre-a18-3 available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:55:35 -0800 (PST)

this version does the exciting thing of using mmap on an afp_copyfile
if the filesize is above a threshold value. let me know if you see
improvements in server-side copies. 

in other news, i haven't figured out the simpletext problem totally,
but i do have a transcript that i just need to decipher.  i'm pretty
sure that afpd is returning file parameter settings that simpletext
doesn't like. simpletext then deletes the file with nary a
message. bleah. 

as always, my patches are in ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun

-a

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 15:49:38 -0500

> From:    a sun <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> i'm pretty
> message.

Actually, the problem is probably that simpletext opens the file,
attempts to delete the file, which should fail, since the file is
open.  However, on some systems, the delete will actually succeed.
There's code in the delete area that tries to set locks, but not all
Unix systems uniformly implement locks, so...

:wes

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 13:08:41 -0800 (PST)

umm, setting locks will only work if the program has opened the file
with the appropriate permissions. i just went over the spec, and the
proper thing to do is to search the ofork list and make sure delete
operations don't work for anything on that list due to unix' complete
willingness to delete open files. i'll add a patch for that.

-a