Subject: [netatalk-admins] Shadow passwords

From: "Michael O. Sedore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:56:49 -0400 (EDT)

I've been trying for five hours now to get netatalk 1.4b2 to work with a
Linux 2.0.30 shadowed password system.  I can perfectly well access the
server from non-passworded (test) accounts, but logging in to passworded
accounts invariably generates "Your password is incorrect..." 

Netatalk compiles cleanly.  I've searched the mail archives and FAQ's and
web sites.  I've added DEFS= -DSHADOWPW to my
../netatalk/sys/linux/Makefile, and I've added -DSHADOW_PASSWORD to the
list of CFLAGS in ../netatalk/etc/afpd/Makefile.

I've run clean out of ideas at this point and would appreciate any
pointers.  Being this close and not having a working service is just a bit
frustrating.

-Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Michael O. Sedore             Instructional Technology Department
[email-masked]                    St. Lawrence University
http://it.stlawu.edu/~mosedore                   Canton, NY 13617
-----------------------------------------------------------------