Subject: [netatalk-admins] papd and desktop printing....

From: Everette Gray Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:23:15 -0400

I have been trying to work with desktop printing under MacOS 8.0 with papd.
I can print from most applications except quark and illustrator and the
only difference I can see is when printing to the "live" printer I can get
desktop printing to give correct info and update info and download a list
of fonts.  I can not get the correct info from the papd queue.  Also DTP
tells me when I Update info in the printer status dialog that I have the
incorrect ppd for this printer (the queue) to chooseit if I say choose it
asks me to locate the ppd on the mac, I pick the correct one and it takes
it but will repeat if I press update button again.  I have a ppd called
LaserWriter 16600 PS in /usr/spool/wayne and my
papd.conf is
Wayne:\
      :pr=wayne:op=root:pd=/usr/spool/lpd/wayne/LaserWriter\ 16600\ PS:
(I have also tried not specifing and using .ppd in same dir)
Anyone have any Ideas?

Everette Gray Allen                               Consultant IV
Box 7109 NCState Campus                     Computing Services
Raleigh, NC 27695-7109                       919-515-2517

---

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:34:22 +0200

>(I have also tried not specifing and using .ppd in same dir)

did you try it with a name without spaces, eg. lw16600ps.ppd. of course you
have to rename the file and change papd.conf.

greetings
gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 gregor retti ---------------- http://germ2.uibk.ac.at/germ/retti.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------