Subject: disabling CRLF translation

From: David Tilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 97 12:12:28 -0500

Is it possible to completely disable CRLF (and any other) translations 
for *all* file types, including TEXT? Perhaps even a way to permanently 
turn this off at compile time?

Thanks,
David Tilley
[email-masked]

---

From: Gavin Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:25:56 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "David" == David Tilley <[email-masked]> writes:

David> Is it possible to completely disable CRLF (and any other)
David> translations for *all* file types, including TEXT? Perhaps even
David> a way to permanently turn this off at compile time?

Yup.  Look in the makefile for afpd.

-- 
______________________________________________________________________
Gavin Peters                     http://se.math.uwaterloo.ca/~gwkpeter
                                PGP encrypted & signed email preferred

---

From: Gavin Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:47:01 -0400 (EDT)

Oh, and another note on this.  I was quite upset when I discovered
that this was set in the Makefile for afpd, and that it wasn't a
command line option to same.  Has this been fixed in 1.4b2 at all?
The makefile is just the wrong place to configure this sort of thing.
-- 
______________________________________________________________________
Gavin Peters                     http://se.math.uwaterloo.ca/~gwkpeter
                                PGP encrypted & signed email preferred

---

From: Hal Wine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 14:21:47 -0400

>From a message in the list archive <URL:ftp://terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu/u
nix/netatalk/netatalk-admins.mail>:
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
fcc: sent-mail
Subject: Re: How to turn off carriage/return line feeds? 
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 92 14:37:37 -0500

> However, I cannot find how one enables/disables carriage return/line 
> feed translation.  ????

In etc/afpd/conf.h, undefine CRLF, make clean afpd, and rebuild it.
You'll probably need to set DESTDIR on the command line of the make,
since it's not set in subdirectory makefiles, and I'm guessing you
didn't install afpd in /etc.  Some of the other machines wouldn't have
to do the make clean, but the AIX compiler doesn't support the
mechanism we're using to do make depend, so the dependencies are sure
to be incomplete.

wes
-- 
Hal Wine <[email-masked]>				DTOR Consulting

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:24:02 -0400

> From:    Hal Wine <[email-masked]>
> To:      David Tilley <[email-masked]>

> In etc/afpd/conf.h, undefine CRLF, make clean afpd, and rebuild it.

Ah, this is not right.  It was right, in 1992, when I sent the
message.  Currently, to completely disable all CRLF translation, you
should remove -DCRLF from afpd's Makefile.

:wes