Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Newbie questions...

From: Dave Zarzycki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 97 13:49:54 -0800

On 12/3/97 1:23 PM, Brian Eric Bothwell ([email-masked]) wrote:

>After trying about everything but rebooting, I did just that:  reboot.
>When the netatalk stuff came up, the new version started up without a
>hitch.  Is there some better way to fix this bind problem?  Since the
>machine is a web and file server, I don't want to have to reboot everytime
>I want to restart netalk...

If you are using RedHat 4.2, then all you need to do is unload the 
appletalk module and then fire up the startup script again.

davez

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave Zarzycki                                Student
Intern                                       San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc.                         [email-masked]
[email-masked]                           [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprints (RSA):  8AF2 1040 8A9C D025  47BE 70DD A51C C887
DSS/Diffie-Hellman: CB9E 2621 B4BA 3F96 3516  B312 15B4 D842 3809 EF99
Contact pgpkeys.mit.edu for my public keys.

---

From: [email-masked] (John Sutton)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 22:33:49 +0000

>I want to restart netalk...

Apparently the later Linux kernels have fixed this problem.  I don't have
the details because I use another solution - compile appletalk as a module.
Then you can unload the module rather than rebooting the system.

>Is there something else I am missing to make these entries show up in the
>chooser? It worked fine under 1.3.3

Odd.  Looks OK to me.

***********************
John Sutton
SCL Computer Services
http://www.scl.co.uk
Tel +44 (0) 1239 621021
***********************