Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] spam

From: [email-masked] (Chris Griffin)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 97 18:58:17 -0800

>
>> From: John Barry -Technician <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 97 13:38:21 GMT
>> To: [email-masked]
>> Subject: [netatalk-admins] spam 
>> 
>> Hi,
>> I've just mailed the dickhead who spammed the list about 10 copies of the
>> offending mail, might I suggest others do the same.
>> meanwhile I shall track down the ISP and complain formerly to them :)
>
>*BAD* *IDEA*
>Doing that simply re-inforces the idea that it works.  It also gives
>the spammer an "accurate" address on you, to add to their list.

snip YES!!

 There are a lot of spammers that use other systems and bogus return 
address. I was hit recently with a ton of bad address replys because 
someone had spammed with my domain as the return address. It can take 
some good investigation to find the real sender. 

>"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
>millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million 
>machines
>in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that 
>cockroaches
>are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a
>higher life form."
>       -New York Times, November 26, 1991
>

The software package said "For use with Window 95 or better." So I bought 
a Macintosh!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Griffin                         Web Site Design & Hosting
WebSales                              http://www.websales.com
---------------------------------------------------------------