Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk1.4b2-asun2.0a15

From: Patrick Gardella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:43:54 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to install netatalk1.4b2-asun2.0a15 on my FreeBSD 2.2.1 box.
After removing -DTCPWRAP -lwrap from /sys/freebsd/Makefile and
declaring "p" in auth.c to be a "char", it compiled and installed
fine.  

It seems to be running fine:
  172  ??  S      0:00.03 /usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd
  184  ??  I      0:00.04 /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd

However, it doesn't show up on my Mac (network 65280 node 109) or any of the 
others.  I have AppleVolumes.system and AppleVolumes.default in 
/usr/local/atalk/etc

On the Mac, I am running OpenTransport 1.1 and MacOS 7.5.5.  The other
Mac on the network show up. We do not have a router for AppleTalk.

My atalkd.conf (which atalkd set up) is:
lnc1 -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 65280.213

Running netstat -rn gives me:
AppleTalk:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif Expire
0                  0.0                U           0       13       lo0 =>
0-32767            65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
32768-49151        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
49152-57343        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
57344-61439        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
61440-63487        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
63488-64511        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
64512-65023        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65024-65279        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65280-65407        65280.213          U           1        9      lnc1
65280.213          0.0                UH          1        4       lo0
65408-65471        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65472-65503        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65504-65519        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65520-65527        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65528-65531        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65532-65533        65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1
65534              65280.213          U           0        0      lnc1

Any help would be appreciated!

Pat
----------------------------------
E-Mail: Patrick Gardella <[email-masked]>
Date: 29-Aug-97
Time: 11:43:54

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------