Subject: [netatalk-admins] 0 files showing: 1.4b2 on solaris

From: Os Tyler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:49:15 -0700

I'm trying to get 1.4b2 working on  Solaris 2.5.1. on a Sparc4

The volumes indicated in AppleVolumes.system appear in the chooser just
fine, and the volumes mount on a mac desktop.

However, when the icon is double-clicked and the window opens, it shows 0
files. Files moved from the Mac into the open window are successfully
copied to the unix box, but there is no way to retrieve any files from the
unix box to the mac.

I searched the mailing list and could find no indication of anyone having a
similar problem.

Suggestions please!

Thanks very much,

os

---

From: Colin Eric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:10:52 -0600 (MDT)

> copied to the unix box, but there is no way to retrieve any files from the

Have you checked the permissions on the unix side for the directories in
question? If the users have write but not read or execute permissons set
properly that could lead to the behavior you are seeing.

Colin E. Johnson | [email-masked] | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
Why must I feel like that? Why must I chase the cat? - G. Clinton