Subject: [netatalk-admins] Two questions about 1.4.x with asun...

From: Everette G Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:38:46 -0400

1) Does anyone know where the  bzero and bcopy symbols used in aecho.o
should be defined??  I am apparently missing another lib or header.  I am
compiling with gcc on Sun4m sparc running SunOS 5.4 (Solaris 2.5?)

2) I noticed in the sysv install there seems to be support for PAM
modules... Is this the case or am I missing it??  If so then is it really
working so we could add other modules?

Everette Gray Allen                               Consultant IV
Box 7109 NCState Campus                     Computing Services
Raleigh, NC 27695-7109                       919-515-2517

---

From: Edan Idzerda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:38:57 -0400 (EDT)

> compiling with gcc on Sun4m sparc running SunOS 5.4 (Solaris 2.5?)

SunOS 5.4 is Solaris 2.4.  

bzero/bcopy are both in libc as of 2.5 (and beyond, I think).

Before 2.5, bzero/bcopy are in the BSD compatibility libraries,
zo I dink you gots to compile with -lbsd.

- edan

--
Edan Idzerda	<[email-masked]>
System Administrator --  Michigan Technological University, Houghton MI USA

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

a number of people have been reporting problems due to them NOT
realizing that PAM support gets compiled in by default for linux
machines. from what i understand, solaris won't expose the interface
until 2.6. if, for some reason, you can use them, you just need to add
-DUSE_PAM and -lpam -ldl to your Makefile. make sure to add the
appropriate entries to either pam.conf or /etc/pam.d/netatalk. it
works pretty well for me.

fyi, the sample config in the config directory doesn't specify a
password changing module. if you want to add that capability in,
you'll need to add a passwd module as well.

-a