Subject: [netatalk-admins] Compile a17 fails (detail)

From: "Bill Butler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:10:53 -0600

I have applied the kernel patch and commented my Makefiles as follows:

sys/linux/Makefile

# -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER
..snip...
# if you aren't using pam and are using glibc, you'll need to add -lcrypt
AFPLIBS= -lcrypt
ADDLIBS= -lcrypt

Makefile

# Location of the tcp wrapper library and include files. Comment this out
# if you don't want tcp wrapper support. having tcp wrapper support is
# highly recommended.
# TCPWRAPDIR=/usr

# Location of PAM support library and include files. Comment this out
# if you don't want to enable PAM support
# PAMDIR=/usr

I'm sorry to be such a bother but I'm having the same problem on 2
different boxes running 2.0.30. -Bill

    PAMINCPATH="${PAMINCPATH}" PAMDEFS="${PAMDEFS}" \
    AFSINCPATH="${AFSINCPATH}" AFSDEFS="${AFSDEFS}" \
    afpd
make[4]: Entering directory `/opt/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17/etc/afpd'
gcc     -DUAM_RNDNUM -O5 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused
-Wuninitialized -I../../include   -I/usr/local/include   -DAPPLCNAME
-DCRLF    -c unix.c -o unix.o
unix.c:58: sys/quota.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [unix.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

--

Bill Butler
[email-masked]
President, Chief Operating Officer
615.321.9100 ext.230

Back in the 1970s we didn't have the space shuttle to get all excited
about. We had to settle for men walking on the crummy moon.       -
Russell Beland