Subject: [netatalk-admins] Unable to copy files (error -23)

From: Erik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 22:22:16 +0100

Hi,

I have all the below problems too (especially the -23 error) !
I use a german System 7.6.1 by trying the following servers :

RedHat 4.1 with netatalk 1.3.3-7
RedHat 4.2 with netatalk 1.4b2 and 1.4b2+asun_a15

All permissions of directories and files I have set to 'rwxrwxrwx', but
the problems
still exist.
Does anybody know what's going wrong or has anybody  this behavior too ?

Is it a mac or netatalk problem ?

Thanks,
            Erik

Dan Janowski's problems :

>A have configured the latest netatalk on FreeBSD and
>had it hooked up to a network with a bunch of different
>macs. I have a problem with many files during a copy
>operation through the finder from the mac to the netatalk
>server:

>on a system running 7.3: no problems.
>on a systems running 7.6:
        with many files I get the error "Cannot copy file
        "because the file could not be found"
        While the error prompt was up I checked on the
        netatalk server in a shell and saw that the full
        file was there, but as soon as I confirmed the
        error dialog the mac deleted the file.

>on two system running 7.5:

        with many files I get an error -23 an a zero
        size file left on the server.

>the files don't seem to follow any real pattern, some application
>files copy ok, others don't. Some image files are ok and others
>aren't. I seem to be able to save directly out of applications
>without any incident.