Subject: [netatalk-admins] numeric filenames?

From: Brian Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 03:52:29 -0700

I'm running netatalk and afpd on 2 computers; one is Ultrix 4.4 and the
other is FreeBSD 1.2.1. They both have the same odd problem; I'm wondering
if anybody else has seen it. In some applications (but not all), if you go
to save a file for the second time, it claims that it can't find the
filename, and ends up saving the file under a long numeric name, often a
negative numbers. Thus, the first "save" asks you for a filename which you
provide and it uses. The second "save" creates a file named 3844433432, and
doesn't overwrite the first filename. The third "save" creates a file named
3844433454, and doesn't overwrite either previous file.

Any ideas?
Brian Reid
[email-masked]

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:36:59 +0200 (MET DST)

> 3844433454, and doesn't overwrite either previous file.

I've a similar Problem with MacDraw Pro, which says with every cmd-s "The 
file on disk has changed, sava anyway?". If I proceed, 
everything works fine. Unfortunately I don't know a solution to this.

:wq! PoC