Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk pre-a13 patches available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:42:27 -0700 (PDT)

given my propensity to break things w/ patches, i've made a pre-patch
available at ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun. i'll fix it and rename
it when i get reports on its useability.

anyways, this patch adds in the ability to use an afpd.conf
configuration file. the parser is a bit hokey, so don't try to do
anything fancy like specify options on multiple lines. 

as an example, something like the following will specify 4 servers w/
various attributes:
"Users Server"
"Applications Server"@zone1 -port 12121
"DDP Only server" -notcp
"TCP Only server" -noasp -uservolfirst

here's the order of precedence (i changed my mind): 
	afpd.conf > command-line > built-in

anyways, if you use patch, you'll need to apply it to the a12 sources
and NOT the a12 + patchlet sources. remember to use 
patch -p1 -d <netatalk dir>. also, remember to read README.ASUN and
the various other README's. my setup is a bit different from the most
common one, and so the default options may not be correct for you.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN OPTIONS:
i'll probably add in the ability to specify things like -noauthall/-authall,
-noprotoall/-protoall so that you can turn everything off and on. 

i'm also thinking about adding in the ability to specify the server
id. for a single server, it's not that useful. for multiple servers,
however, you can specify a group of servers that allows only a single
connection per machine. it might be useful in a load-reduction type of
way.

-a (for adrian)
(who discovered that the server signature is indeed used by the
appleshare client)