Subject: tcpd.h?

From: Georg Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 17:46:21 +0200 (MEST)

I'm trying to compile netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a10 on a Linux 2.0.29 (Slackware)
installation. I get 

dsi_tcp.c:18: tcpd.h: No such file or directory

netatalk-1.4b2 compiles and works fine on that machine.
AppleTalk support is included in the kernel.
What am I doing wrong? I've got the feeling that it must be a really
stupid mistake. Where is tcpd.h supposed to be found?
Thanks.

-- 
Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:57:25 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to compile netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a10 on a Linux 2.0.29 (Slackwar=
   e)
   installation. I get=20

i guess i forgot to mention that people should read README.TCP and
README.LINUX (if appropriate). it has some instructions on
enabling/disabling particular features. in your case, you don't have
the tcp wrapper libraries. if you really want to serve an afpd w/out
host-based access, just go to sys/linux/Makefile and get rid of
-DTCPWRAP and -lwrap. actually, you should get rid of -lcrypt as well
as you're probably using libc5.

-a

---

From: Carl Makin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:55:39 +1000 (AEST)

> dsi_tcp.c:18: tcpd.h: No such file or directory

tcpd.h is part of the tcp wrappers package.

The FreeBSD packages version of tcp wrappers 7.2 installs it into the
/usr/local/[bin|lib|include] directories.  You either have to not include
the tcp wrappers package or modify the Makefiles in; 

~/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a10/libatalk/dsi
  INCPATH=        -I../../include -I/usr/local/include

~/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a10/etc/afpd
  LIBDIRS=        -L../../libatalk ${AFSLIBDIRS} ${KRBLIBDIRS} -L/usr/local/lib

There's probably an easier way to do it but this worked for me.

Mind you I installed the asun2.0a10 patches and got it all working and
then found out that you needed Open Transport to run AppleShare over IP.

<sigh>

Carl.

--
Carl Makin <[email-masked]>  'Work +61 6 262 1576'
"Speaking for myself only!"