Subject: [netatalk-admins] problem importing MPEG movie via Netatalk

From: Georg Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:58:14 +0200 (MEST)

I'm running Netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.0a10 on Linux 2.0.29 on a Pentium.
I've created some MPEG movie using ImageMagick's convert. The file is
called test.mpeg and is residing on a volume exported by Netatalk.
My settings for MPEG are:
.mpeg   MPEG    mMPG

now when when I directly open that file via Netatalk from a PowerMac
running 7.5.5 using MoviePlayer 2.5.1 I get the message that it cannot
be opened because it's no movie file. However, when I first drag it to the
Mac's hard disk and open it from there, everything works fine, and I can
play the movie. It does not make a difference whether I choose Open or
Import in MoviePlayer.
Anybody got an idea why I cannot open it directly? The Mac does have rw
access to the Netatalk volume.
Thanks.
-- 
Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi