Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solaris compilation problem w/ asun2.0a17.2 + AFS

From: Pat Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:54:00 +22306256

asun2.0a17.2 compiles fine on my Solaris 2.x machine, but when I try to
pull in AFS, I get complaints about undefined "sigvec" and "sigsetmask" in
the AFS library liblwp.a.  Am I missing some compatibility library or
header file somewhere?

Thanks.  

Pat Wilson
[email-masked]

	gcc -I../../sys/solaris -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -DAFS   -O -I../../include
	-I/usr/afsws/include     -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF   -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o
	send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
	directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o
	bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o
	-L../../libatalk -L/usr/afsws/lib -L/usr/afsws/lib/afs  -L/usr/local/lib
	-latalk -lkauth -lprot -lubik -lauth -lsys -lrxkad -lrx -laudit  -llwp
	-lcmd -lcom_err /usr/afsws/lib/afs/util.a -ldes   -lsocket -lnsl  -lwrap

	Undefined                       first referenced
	 symbol                             in file
	sigvec                              /usr/afsws/lib/liblwp.a(iomgr.o)
	sigsetmask                          /usr/afsws/lib/liblwp.a(preempt.o)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:15:20 -0500

> From:    Pat Wilson <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> the AFS library liblwp.a.  Am I missing some compatibility library or

Try moving "-latalk" to after "-ldes".  There are compatibilty stubs
for those libraries in "-latalk".  The nice AFS code uses BSD semantics
on the nice Solaris box.

:wes

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:13:43 -0500 (EST)

Try adding " -lc -L/usr/ucblib -lucb" just after -lsocket -lnsl -lwrap. 
At our site the first thing we do when we get a new Solaris release is;
"cd /usr/lib;ln -s ../ucblib/libucb* ." and the we use "-lc -lucb" at the
end of every piece of code that uses AFS on Solaris. Too much of AFS is
still based on "BSD 4.2 C". There have been requests to Transarc to update
their code to a more POSIX implementation.....

Randall

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Pat Wilson wrote:

: 
: asun2.0a17.2 compiles fine on my Solaris 2.x machine, but when I try to
: pull in AFS, I get complaints about undefined "sigvec" and "sigsetmask" in
: the AFS library liblwp.a.  Am I missing some compatibility library or
: header file somewhere?
: 
: Thanks.  
: 
: Pat Wilson
: [email-masked]
: 
: 	gcc -I../../sys/solaris -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -DAFS   -O -I../../include
: 	-I/usr/afsws/include     -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF   -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o
: 	send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
: 	directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o
: 	bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o
: 	-L../../libatalk -L/usr/afsws/lib -L/usr/afsws/lib/afs  -L/usr/local/lib
: 	-latalk -lkauth -lprot -lubik -lauth -lsys -lrxkad -lrx -laudit  -llwp
: 	-lcmd -lcom_err /usr/afsws/lib/afs/util.a -ldes   -lsocket -lnsl  -lwrap
: 
: 	Undefined                       first referenced
: 	 symbol                             in file
: 	sigvec                              /usr/afsws/lib/liblwp.a(iomgr.o)
: 	sigsetmask                          /usr/afsws/lib/liblwp.a(preempt.o)
: 
:

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 14:30:06 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

: Try moving "-latalk" to after "-ldes".  There are compatibilty stubs
: for those libraries in "-latalk".  The nice AFS code uses BSD semantics
: on the nice Solaris box.
: 
: :wes
: 

Which version of netatalk has these compatibilty stubs? I reported this same
problem to you a couple years ago. I remember replied something like;
"I can't believe transarc would do something so rediculous" 

I can not find anything in netatalk-1.4b2.

Randall