Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a11 bug?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 97 13:26:04 BST

Hi folks,
I've just installed netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a11 and I seem to have discovered
a few "undocumented features" namely:

Using the rc.atalk file from the original install, (one that launches afpd
twice) when I reboot the machine it lauches the first afpd server, then
proceeds to tell me that "afpd is allready running" when it tries to launch the
second one using the -n switch.

>if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd ]; then
>        /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd;              echo -n ' afpd' 
>        /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd -n appleserver;               echo -n ' appleserver'
>fi

I've rebooted twice, same each time...

I am now unable to rlogin to the NIS master from the machine which runs
netatalk, even though I can still telnet to it, and can rlogin to the NIS
master provided I rlogin to another machine first.

[1:18pm] luigi uname -a
SunOS luigi 4.1.4 2 sun4c
SPARCstation 1+

later
jb

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 97 14:10:52 BST

Hi folks,
Just re-installed the original netatalk-1.4b2 and it works fine, both afpd's
launch at startup, and are immediatley visible in the Mac's chooser window.
Shame really.
later
jb