Subject: Re: [Q] final of netatalk1.4

From: Jon Piesing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 14:21:21 +0100 (BST)

> > From:    [email-masked] (Yoshimura Hiromasa)
> > To:      [email-masked]
> 
> > When will the final of netatalk 1.4 be released ?
> 
> Since I'm re-writing the solaris kernel module, the next version will
> be 1.4b3.  I'm planning for a non-public alpha around the 9th.  I may
> also include afp/tcp in that release.  Assuming that all is well, 1.4
> will follow sometime after that.
> 
> :wes
> 
Thanks for answering this one.

One of your earlier emails said that the Solaris kernel module didn't
do AppleTalk routing and would not do so until re-written. If this is
correct, will AppleTalk routing form part of the 1.4b3 re-write ?

Thanks for the continuing good work.

Jon

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 09:35:02 -0400

> From:    Jon Piesing <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> correct, will AppleTalk routing form part of the 1.4b3 re-write ?

The re-write will allow routing, AppleTalk firewalls (as the SunOS
version does), and will hopefully fix other routing table bugs, and the
panics.

:wes

---

From: "Michael M. Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 16:04:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

[SNIP]

> version does), and will hopefully fix other routing table bugs, and the
Greeting wes,
 
1. Has there ever been any consideration given to integrating Bobby
Krupczak @ Georgia Tech work with ATP and ADSP STREAMS modules into
netatalk ???? Copyright Issues ???

2. The AFP-over-TCP support you mention in 1.4b3 will be based on Adrian
Sun's a10 distribution ???

						Regards
						Mike Freeman