Subject: [netatalk-admins] extension mapping list?

From: Georg Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 15:49:03 +0200 (MEST)

Is there some extension <-> creator code/file type list available somewhere?
The one that comes with Netatalk's AppleVolumes.system could need some
additions. As I understand it such a list should not be special to Neta-
talk but could be used with other software (Internet Config? PC Exchange?).
Is there some mechanism to share such lists/updates to it among different
software?
-- 
Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi

---

From: Harald Roelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:22:29 +0200

>Is there some mechanism to share such lists/updates to it among different

You could use InternetConfig to maintain you mappings list and convert it
into an AppleVolumes.system file.

To do that you can use a little hack I wrote. You can find it on
    <http://www.roelle.i3w.com/linux/netatalk>

Harry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Harald Roelle                                 <mailto:[email-masked]>
                                                   <http://www.roelle.i3w.com>