Subject: [netatalk-admins] Clarisworks and Netatalk/CAP

From: Carl Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 97 09:19:30 +1000

Hi,

I am currently testing various versions of Macintosh Files services for 
Linux and have run into a problem with ClarisWorks.

If I open a file from a shared Linux volume and leave it open in 
ClarisWorks for a while when you go to save it again it brings up the 
save as dialog box rather than just saving the file. 

If the volume is being shared by Netatalk (versions 1.3.3 and 1.4b2) the 
file name in the save as dialog box is replace by what looks like a 32 
bit integer with a couple of letters on the end.

If the volume is being shared by CAP then the File name is correct but 
because you are in the save as dialog when you press save it it asks do 
you want to replace the existing file.

I have tried this from two different Macs and have also tried the same 
thing with the file being shared from one of the Macs. When the Mac is 
the file server ClarisWorks behaves normally.

Has any one else come across this problem?

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| CARL OLSEN                          Email: [email-masked]    |
| Key Software Pty. Ltd.              Phone: +61-4-1117-3004 (Mobile) |
| Database & Network Consultants      Fax:   +61-2-9398-4294          |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+