Subject: [netatalk-admins] NT Domains

From: Marc Matteo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:08:18 -0800

Hi all,

I know it sounds bizarre for a Mac server package but are there any plans
to add NT authentication (via an NT domain controller) to netatalk (like
Samba does)?

Marc

Marc Matteo
Web Engineer, The Sacramento Bee
(916) 321-1242
http://www.sacbee.com

---

From: CyberTuna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:26:41 -0800 (PST)

> to add NT authentication (via an NT domain controller) to netatalk (like

If you're running a Linux and PAM, you can compile PAM support into
Netatalk and use pam_smb:

ftp://ftp.csn.ul.ie/pub/linux/pam_smb/

Of course, you'll still need to have an /etc/passwd entry for each user.

Aa.