Subject: [netatalk-admins] spam

From: John Barry -Technician <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 97 13:38:21 GMT

Hi,
I've just mailed the dickhead who spammed the list about 10 copies of the
offending mail, might I suggest others do the same.
meanwhile I shall track down the ISP and complain formerly to them :)

later
jb

---

From: Ari Yrjola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 17:04:28 +0200 (EET)

> meanwhile I shall track down the ISP and complain formerly to them :)

I sent the following notice to [email-masked],[email-masked]
and [email-masked]:

-------
Somebody used abac.com to send spam to the netatalk-admins mailing list.
Looking at the headers, it seems that spammer came from crl.com, as
IP number 209.60.248.109 is in their netblock.

Please configure your SMTP server at abac.com not to relay any
third-party mail through your system, and crl.com should hunt this
criminal down and cut his balls.
------

Remember when complaining postmasters about spam to include the offending
message *with all headers*.