Subject: [netatalk-admins] Odd List Server Messages

From: "Gary C. Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:32:50 -0400

Hi,

I suspect that this is a local configuration problem, but I need to confirm
before I yell at anyone here.

I've been receiving the list messages fine for the last month or so, but
all the messages from the list today have given my system fits.  Each of
the messages starts with a header that looks like the one below.  The
problem is that everything after the "X-UIDL" line is treated as part of
the text.  This means that Eudora does not list a sender or a subject line.

It looks like the header info is getting scrambled, since this info is
usually at the end of the header.  This could, of course be happening due
to configuration problems on our mail gateway (they never tell me when they
make major changes).

I am using Mac Eudora Pro 3.1

All other incoming mail looks fine.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Gary

Problem header:

+++++++++++

Received: from terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu ([email-masked]
[141.211.164.2])
	by KsuMail.Kennesaw.EDU (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id NAA21919
	for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:36:37 -0400
(EDT)

	id NAA06749; Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:32:29 -0400 (EDT)
Received: by terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu (bulk_mailer v1.5+); Mon, 25 Aug
1997 13:17:40 -0400
Received: (from majordom@localhost)
	by terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu (8.8.6/2.3)
	for netatalk-admins-list
	id NAA06192; Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:17:38 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from redheat.rs.itd.umich.edu (redheat.rs.itd.umich.edu
[141.211.83.36])
	by terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu (8.8.6/2.3) with ESMTP
	for <[email-masked]>
	id NAA06187; Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:17:30 -0400 (EDT)
Received: (from root@localhost)
        by redheat.rs.itd.umich.edu (8.8.5/2.2) with X.500 id NAA19653;
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:17:32 -0400 (EDT)
Received: (from root@localhost)
        by redheat.rs.itd.umich.edu (8.8.5/2.2) with X.500 id NAA19640
        for [email-masked]; Mon, 25 Aug 1997
13:17:30 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from it.stlawu.edu ([email-masked] [199.0.79.17])
        by redheat.rs.itd.umich.edu (8.8.5/2.2) with ESMTP id NAA19627
        for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from localhost (mosedore@localhost) by it.stlawu.edu
(8.7.5/8.7.3) with SMTP id NAA05134 for <[email-masked]>; Mon,
25 Aug 1997 13:17:16 -0400
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:17:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Michael O. Sedore" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netatalk-admins] Shadow passwords -- still unsolved
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Sender: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 22:11:59 -0400

> From:    "Gary C. Lewis" <[email-masked]>

> usually at the end of the header.

Sorry, it was on problem in terminator's sendmail.cf.  It should be ok
now.

:wes