Subject: [netatalk-admins] make ps user the papd op?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 12:46:14 -0400

Hello,

The Apple LaserWriter 8 driver includes the Macintosh's Owner Name (set
in the Sharing Setup control panel or via AppleScript in my labs) in the
postscript job, which papd receives.  Maybe papd also sees the Owner
Name via AppleTalk?  Anyway, I need to set the papd operator name (op=
in papd.conf) to the Mac Owner Name for each job it receives.  Is there
a way to do this?

Sincerely,
Leo Wierzbowski
Univ of FL
[email-masked]

---

From: Duncan Sinclair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 14:38:49 +0000

>in papd.conf) to the Mac Owner Name for each job it receives.  Is there

I have a patch that "attempts" this.  There is no guarentee that
the name papd finds is actually a real user name.  Fortunately,
lpr doesn't care too much.

  http://www.dis.strath.ac.uk/ftp/sinclair/my-netatalk.diff
    - or -
   ftp://ftp.dis.strath.ac.uk/pub/sinclair/my-netatalk.diff

Use at own risk, etc....

Duncan Sinclair.