Subject: [netatalk-admins] a15.1 patchset available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 19:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

well, i've just made a15.1. it should fix the problems with compiling
afpd, the breakage i inflicted on atalkd, and the known os8
interaction problems. let me know how it goes.

-a

---

From: Patrick Gardella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 08:14:19 -0400 (EDT)

>interaction problems. let me know how it goes.

Mine had more problems than a15!

cd atalkd; make   CC="gcc"  ADDLIBS="" DEFS="-DBSD4_4" OPTOPTS="-O2"  SBINDIR="/
usr/local/atalk/etc" BINDIR="/usr/local/atalk/bin" RESDIR="/usr/local/atalk/etc"
  ETCDIR="/usr/local/atalk/etc" LIBDIR="/usr/local/atalk/lib" INCDIR="/usr/local
/atalk/include"  DESTDIR="/usr/local/atalk" AFSDIR="" KRBDIR=""
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -DVERSION=\"`cat ../../VERSION`\"  
 -c main.c
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -D_PATH_ATALKDCONF=\"/usr/local/ata
lk/etc/atalkd.conf\"   -c config.c
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -c zip.c
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -c nbp.c
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -c aep.c
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -c rtmp.c
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -c route.c
gcc -DBSD4_4 -O2 -I../../include -DPHASE1NET -c multicast.c
In file included from multicast.c:6:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:137: parse error before `u_char'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:137: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:138: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:140: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:147: parse error before `u_short'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:147: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:148: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:259: parse error before `caddr_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:259: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:260: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:262: parse error before `msg_iovlen'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:262: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:263: parse error before `msg_control'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:263: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:264: parse error before `msg_controllen'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:264: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:266: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:286: parse error before `u_int'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:286: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:290: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:312: parse error before `u_short'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:312: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:314: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:320: parse error before `caddr_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:320: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:324: parse error before `msg_accrights'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:324: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:326: parse error before `}'
In file included from multicast.c:6:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:340: parse error before `recv'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:340: parse error before `size_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:340: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:341: parse error before `recvfrom'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:341: parse error before `size_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:341: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:342: parse error before `recvmsg'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:342: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:343: parse error before `send'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:343: parse error before `size_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:343: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:344: parse error before `sendto'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:345: parse error before `size_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:345: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:346: parse error before `sendmsg'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:346: warning: data definition has no type or storage c
lass
multicast.c: In function `addmulti':
multicast.c:298: storage size of `sa' isn't known
multicast.c:300: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
multicast.c:302: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
*** Error code 1

Stop.

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Patrick Gardella <[email-masked]>
Date: 05-Sep-97
Time: 08:14:19

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:59:20 -0700 (PDT)

that's what i get for attempting to move things around to apparently
more appropriate locations. anyways, i've made an a15.2 patch
available which undoes the movement and should help atalkd.

-a

---

From: Patrick Gardella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 13:28:29 -0400 (EDT)

a15.2 worked, at least the complile.  I'll reboot later and try the running!

Pat

Time: 13:28:29

---

From: Christopher Ptacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:46:48 -0400 (EDT)

I'm getting a "sys/quota.h No such file or directory" error in my compile.
Any idea's?

Thanks
Chris

---

From: Scott Schatzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:55:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Christopher Ptacek wrote:

> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:46:48 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Christopher Ptacek <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [netatalk-admins] make problem
> 

Sounds like one of two things: 

1). Your system is using quota and is expecting Netatalk to use them as 
well and is not finding the right file or

2). Your trying to compile it with quota's "on" and it can't file the 
right files.

Check your Makefile and install files as to whether quota's are enabled or 
whether you want them or not.......

--Scott S.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Schatzer                   | CIESIN
Systems Administrator            | The Consortium for International
[email-masked]        | Earth Science Information Network
Phone: 517-797-2679              | 2250 Pierce Rd.
Fax:   517-797-2622              | University Center, MI  48710
http://www.ciesin.org            |                               
=====================================================================

---

From: Mike Holling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:09:22 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm getting a "sys/quota.h No such file or directory" error in my compile.

phluffy% locate quota.h | grep include
/usr/include/rpcsvc/rquota.h
/usr/include/ufs/ufs/quota.h

First, make sure that you already have /usr/include in your include path.
Then replace "sys/quota.h" with "ufs/ufs/quota.h" or make a symlink in
/usr/include pointing to the right place.  I don't see quota.h in any sys
directory on the *BSD boxes, might be a SunOS thing.

- Mike

---

From: "Steven N. Hirsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 18:03:32 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm getting a "sys/quota.h No such file or directory" error in my compile.

If you are running under Linux, you'll need to edit
/netatalk/sys/linux/Makefile and uncomment:

-DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER"

Then run make again and you'll be in business.

Steve

---

From: Russ Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 15:17:24 -0700

I just tried out 15.2 using GCC on Solaris. Everything compiled w/o any
problems but I get a "can't start multicast" message when I run
/etc/init.d/atalk. I'm running the pre15 stuff without that problem.

Russ