Subject: Netatalk printing support info?

From: [email-masked] (Georg Schwarz)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 02:04:42 +0200

I'm new to Netatalk, just installed it tonight (1.4b2 on Linux). While I
have found a lot of information on exporting volumes I've still got some
deficit as far as printing using Netatalk is concerned.
>From Linux' perspective, is it possible to enable Macs to use local lpr
printers just like AppleTalk network printers?
Or is it just possible to let Linux use AppleTalk printers via the lpr
command?
If someone could point my attention to some documentation on Netatalk's
printing capabilities that would be a big help.
Currently, on the Mac, I use a small app called LPR (lpr client) to
print postscript files on lpr printers.
Thanks.
-- 
Georg Schwarz     [email-masked], [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik       +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin        http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/

---

From: Bill Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 18:30:52 -0700 (PDT)

> printers just like AppleTalk network printers?

Yes. man papd.

Take care,

Bill