Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solaris problems

From: James Sentman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:18:59 -0500

Hi all,
 We have been suffering from the same problems with the finder since we
upgraded to OS8. I loaded and installed the Solaris patched version of
atalk on our box here but when I tried to connect to it it wasn't allowing
appletalk connections at all and when connecting via IP the client
connected ok, verified my password/userid, asked we what drives I wanted to
connect to, and then froze hard, the atalk double arrows were lit and
everything else was dead. I had removed the .AppleDesktop file as requested
in the README. What else did I forget? I went back to the original version
for now and everything is fine. (well except for the jumpy windows)

Thanks,
 James

__________________________________________________________________
 James Sentman                            [email-masked]
 Internet Systems Specialist                            Media One
 (804) 264-4097
 http://www.mediaone.com/          http://shoga.wwa.com/~sentman/
__________________________________________________________________