Subject: [netatalk-admins] HELP : nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out

From: chris thoen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 16:29:43 +0100

We have a Linux system 2.0.0 with netatalk 1.4b2  an some Macs connected

to it.  For some reason, the system crashed, and after the reboot, I
can't get up the  netatalk software.  Ik always get the message  :
nbp_rgstr : Connection timed out; Can't register
"system-name:Workstation:@*"
Nothing is changed in the configuration.

Can somebody explain what is happening, and what can be the solution?
I've seen  in other mails that a lot  of other people have the same
problem, but never found any solution.

The system is on a local network, with all Mac's connected in the same
subnet.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris THOEN
Systeembeheerder Net it be
Posthoflei 3
2600  BERCHEM
tel     :       03/286.04.34
fax     :       03/286.04.70
email   :       [email-masked]
url     :       www.netit.be