Subject: [netatalk-admins] more on my tcp/ip patches (pre-a15)

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:28:16 -0700 (PDT)

i have a pre-a15 available at ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun. it
should have an easier time building under solaris w/ solaris' cc. in
addition, apple's appleshare 5.0.2seed2 client doesn't do a
getservparams when double clicking on an alias. as afpd only loaded
volumes during getservparams, aliases became useless. this patch also
fixes that. if i don't get any negative reports, i'll probably
un-pre-it when i get back next week.

-a

---

From: Everette Gray Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:49:38 -0400

I have gotten 1.4b2+asun2.0a14 to compile (with some warnings) with ufs
only and have it configured but it will not publish a volume in the
chooser.  It will read its afpd.conf and I did a copy/paste of the Guest
Volume server and set a ufs dir in /u/mac and set the premissions thru out
to 777.
AppleVolumes.system has /u/mac "test" as the only entry. All the config
files and AppleVolumes are readable and /usr/adm/messages shows no errors.
I can not login as a "real user" using root however (get password
incorrect) even tho using -d shows the correct password is sent.
Anyone have any ideas.

Everette Gray Allen                               Consultant IV
Box 7109 NCState Campus                     Computing Services
Raleigh, NC 27695-7109                       919-515-2517