Subject: [netatalk-admins] how to identify machine for 20092.227:243

From: patrick finerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:20:12 -0700

hi,

someone i don't know has been repeatedly trying to access my machine
via netatalk. i don't appreciate this sort of behavior since i've
found it usually doesn't stop by itself.

how i can figure out what zone and the mac they are using?

here's what i see in my log file:

Dec  4 16:09:06 zifi afpd[570]: session from 20092.227:243 on 58624.155:129
Dec  4 16:09:06 zifi afpd[570]: login noauth
Dec  4 16:09:15 zifi afpd[570]: done
Dec  4 16:09:15 zifi afpd[100]: server_child[0] 570 done

my machine's IP is 155.100.229.31.

thanks,

-patrick finerty

-- 
       "There is only one aim in life and that is to live it."
 Karl Shapiro,(1959) from an essay on Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer
	  finger [email-masked] for PGP key
		    http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu