Subject: [netatalk-admins] Translating a CAP to a Netatalk file system

From: Gary Carroll <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:23:05 +0800 (WST)

Hi.

I have netatalk 1.4b2 running on an Sun Ultra Sparc with Solaris
2.5.0.  I also have CAP running on a Sun 10/30 with SunOS 4.1.3 which
is being phased out. I'd like to know whether there is an elegant way
of converting the CAP file system into a netatalk one. I'd heard that
this was automatic, but it didn't work for me.

Is the only way to do this to mount the CAP and the netatalk file
systems and do a copy?? This sounds easy, but at one of our sites there
are well over 50 users and it would be preferable to automate the
process.

I searched the archives, FAQ, and manuals to no avail. I can't be the
first to want to do this. What is the story? Excuse me if I have missed
something that is painfully obvious.

Thanks,

Gary
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Carroll: CSIRO Div. of Marine Research |  [email-masked]
              PO Box 20                     | 
              North Beach 6020              |  Phone: +61 9  422 8214
              Western Australia             |  Fax  : +61 9  422 8222
----------------------------------------------------------------------------