Subject: Re: Netatalk 1.4b2 on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Geoff Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 03:56:52 -0400 (EDT)

> Has anyone succeeded in getting Netatalk 1.4b2 working on Solaris 2.5.1?

Haven't tried that, but I think I know what your problem is anyway.  :)

>                                    when I drag a file into a folder on
> a Netatalk server, it seems to mostly work, except at the end I get a
> pop-up message about "File does not exist" on the Mac

My guess is that you are using Speed Doubler 2, and you have "Faster
File Copying" turned on.  I recently noticed exactly this problem, but I
haven't looked into why it's occurring, yet.  Turn off that option, and
all will work.  (I may be mistaken, and it's one of the other related
options, but I think that's the one.)

A couple days ago, I also noticed another Speed Doubler 2 problem: Movie
Player does not recognize MPEG movies if you try to play them directly
off a netatalk volume, while simply copying a movie to a local disk and
then playing it works just fine.  Haven't had a chance to look into this
one, either.

- Geoff

---

From: "M. L. Welles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:00:16 -0400 (EDT)

Speed doubler was the culprit for the problems we were having around
here, too (netatalk on Solaris 2.5.1). 

I haven't had a chance to look into it, either.