Subject: [netatalk-admins] Multiple Log-ins

From: kheflin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 97 09:59:24 -0500

I'm currently running Netatalk with AppleshareIP support. Right now, if I 
should try to access a directory from my Mac via appleshareIP, using a 
particular name and password, this works fine. It mounts the directory 
that I have permission for. Also what I would like to do, is use 
Appleshare to mount another directory which requires a different username 
and password. But if I go to the chooser and try to connect to the same 
AppleshareIP server, it tells me that I'm already connected, and does not 
allow me to input a different name and password. So I'm forced to unmount 
the current directory, then try again. But I would like to have access to 
more than one directory, which have different permissions.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
[email-masked]    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Conner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:06:45 -0700 (PDT)

> Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm afraid that is a Mac thing, not a netatalk thing. Appleshare allows you
to be only one person at a time to any given server. As far as I know, there
is no way to change this behaviour.

The only hack of which I can think would be to set up an aliased IP on the
server, also running  an instance of netatalk, which would likely convince
the Mac that the two different servers justify two different users. This is
a rather ugly way to go about it, however.

-Conner

---

From: Hannu Krosing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:30:55 +0300

> more than one directory, which have different permissions.

You should run multiple servers, so check out the afpd.conf file where
you 
can define them.

Hannu