Subject: [netatalk-admins] Papd and authentication

From: Scott Venier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 17:48:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I was wondering if there was anyway to make papd require some form of
authentication before accepting print jobs.  I've looked in the man pages,
the faq, and the list archive, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

Scott

=====================================================================
Scott Venier                      *ResComp Network Support Technician
[email-masked]                        *Consultant for Ingematics,
[email-masked]                     a division of Compu-Aid, Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alistair Riddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 20:41:44 +0100 (BST)

Unfortunately not, since the pap protocol does not AFAIK have any
provision for authentication or even for print logging.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 447 7931 Ext 176       Fax: +44 131 452 8594