Subject: [netatalk-admins] How to uninstall netatalk-1.4b2 on Solaris 2.5.1 ??

From: "Roger P. Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:13:33 -0600

Hi,

      Bummer, I compiled netatalk 1.4b2 on Solaris 2.5.1 gcc 2.7.2.1
and did the install and 'make kinstall'.   Here is messages from atalkd
from 
/var/adm/messages:

Oct 22 18:19:22 ultra unix: WARNING: ddi_installdrv: no major number
for ddp
Oct 22 18:19:22 ultra unix: WARNING: mod_installdrv: Cannot install ddp
Oct 22 18:19:22 ultra atalkd[485]: I_PUSH: Invalid argument

       I get other messages from papd and afpd as well.

      How do I uninstall all this stuff until something more stable for
Solaris comes out ??

     Thanks,
        Roger

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:59:10 -0500

> From:     "Roger P. Johnson" <[email-masked]>

 
>       How do I uninstall all this stuff until something more stable for

    rem_drv ddp
    rm /usr/kernel/drv/ddp
    rm /usr/kernel/drv/ddp.conf
    rm /usr/kernel/strmod/ddp

This completely removes the kernel part.  The rest should all be in 
DESTDIR.

>From [email-masked], regarding what the messages are a result of:

    Not sure what the deal is, but it has
    something to do with /etc/name_to_major.  I recall that it works if you
    do "add_drv ddp", reboot, "rem_drv ddp", "add_drv ddp".

Hope this helps,

EV
AN