Subject: netatalk 1.4b2 and Mac OS 8

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 97 16:31:30 -0700

Has anyone tried running netatlk and accessing it from a Mac OS 8 client?
I'm having problems with files on a netatalk (1.4b2 on Linux 2.0.28) 
server disappearing & reappearing in the Mac OS 8 Finder.  The 
probability of this happening increases with large directories (several 
hundered files), but isn't limited to occurring with large directories.  
I've seen it happen with a directory with as few as seven items.
Before submitting this to [email-masked], I wanted to find out if 
anyone else has tried this and has (or hasn't) seen this behavior.  BTW, 
I'm running Mac OS 8.0f5.

Jay O'Conor
[email-masked]

---

From: "William R. Dickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm running Mac OS 8.0f5.

So far, I haven't seen this with 8.0b5.  If I can duplicate it, I'll let
you know.

-Bill

-- 
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 [email-masked]  <>  http://www.halcyon.com/wrd/  <>  VNB3T, VSC1T, VSX1T

          It is impossible to travel faster than light, and
	  certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing
	  off.
                                       - Woody Allen