Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems with Netatalk and IPX?

From: Niklas Wikström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:43:06 +0200

I am trying to run netatalk 1.4b2 and ncpfs-2.0.11 on a Linux PC. When set
up I continuously get a message on the screen telling me "Network number
collision 82edb201, eth0 802.3 and eth0 802.2"

Does anyone know if it should work or if this is caused by trying to talk
both appletalk as well as IPX.

I should say that netatalk is running very slowly on my machine and have
done so always, with or without the ncpfs running.

I would very much appreciate some help on this.

Sincerely

Niklas Wikström

******************************************
Niklas Wikström
Deptartment of Botany
Stockholm university
S-106 91 Stockholm

Tel:        +46 8 163927
Fax:       +46 8 162577
e-mail:   [email-masked]
******************************************

---

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 18:19:40 +0200

>both appletalk as well as IPX.

that should be no problem. I am running netalk and the mars_nwe as a novell
server (which I can recommend strongly). it looks rather as if there is
something wrong whith your IPX-setup.

greetings
gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 gregor retti ---------------- http://germ2.uibk.ac.at/germ/retti.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Christopher Ptacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:25:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I'm looking for a sun's netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a15.tar.gz. The permissions
are set so that I can't d/l it and was wondering if anyone had a copy of
it or knew where I could get a copy FAST!

Thanks
Chris