Subject: [netatalk-admins] rebuilding servers desktop

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 11:33:01 +0200

hi,

is there any quick method to rebuild a afpd-servers desktop, i.e.
rebuilding the .AppleDesktop directory?

thanks
gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 gregor retti ---------------- http://germ2.uibk.ac.at/germ/retti.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 14:00:47 +0200 (MET DST)

> rebuilding the .AppleDesktop directory?

Yes, it's named Rebuild and can be found at novell.com. But without aid 
of a netware server, you won't be able to unpack it.
Perhaps you may find it on InfoMac. If you don't, write here and I'll 
upload it for anon-ftp.

:wq! PoC

---

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 16:53:24 +0200

>Perhaps you may find it on InfoMac. If you don't, write here and I'll

thanks a lot! I found the thing (Desktop Rebuilder) at Dayna´s:
ftp://ftp.dayna.com/Utilities/DRebuild.sea.hqx
at novell.com I found it too, but it is a bit cumbersome, to move a
something, which could be a simple hqx-file from one OS to another to have
the exe-file which was unpacked from another exe-file finally complain
about a missing mac namespace ... (I am runnig the mars nw novell emulation
on linux and it does not have such a thing ;-)

thanks again
gregor

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:59:01 +0200

>I, for one, am unable to obtain the software.  Would you be so kind
>as to place it somewhere available to me?  You could uuencode and email
>it as well, if that is easier.

Gregor Retti has found it at Dayna:

:wq! PoC

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:47:21 +0200

>ftp://ftp.dayna.com/Utilities/DRebuild.sea.hqx

Okay, I forgot where to find it else.

>on linux and it does not have such a thing ;-)

I know. Who needs that with netatalk? ;-)

:wq! PoC

---

From: Chris Ptacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:05:43 -0400 (EDT)

> ftp://ftp.dayna.com/Utilities/DRebuild.sea.hqx
It's 

ftp://ftp.dayna.com/PUB/Utilities/DRebuild.sea.hqx

-C