Subject: [netatalk-admins] a17 patchset available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 09:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

i've made a17 available at ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun. here's
the relevant urls:
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17.tar.gz>
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/a16-a17.diff.gz>
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/1.4b2-a17.diff.gz>

as noted before, please read README.ASUN as a number of significant
changes have been made that alter how you compile it. specifically,
many of the options have been moved to the global Makefile. 

features/fixes:
	1) randnum/2-way randnum support (parts courtesy of
	   [email-masked]). if you're interested in this, please pay
	   attention to the relevant bits in README.ASUN.
	2) prodos support (from [email-masked])
	3) denial-of-service attack fix w.r.t. some login conditions. 
	4) cleanup of atalkd, afpd, and papd to restrict exits to a
	   single file.
	5) afp/ddp fix that was causing afpd to die.
	6) ability to bind to a specific ip address via -address
	   x.x.x.x in afpd.conf
	7) large volume support fix
	8) you can use your "real name" as specified in your passwd
	   entry. if you don't want this feature, use
	   -DNO_REAL_USER_NAME.
	9) it should compile under solaris 2.6 now. however, i might
	   be missing a library. let me know.
       10) there's a afp/dsi protocol ambiguity. i've fixed the code
	   to conform to what the client really does. for those
	   interested, it hinges upon the determination of what the
	   code field in the dsi write header means when it's 0.

-a

---

From: ost <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:38:26 +0100 (MET)

i ran into problems of a user creating files via appleshare in his
www-directory which always ended up being chmoded to 600. but should to
644 of course for web-files.
so how can one control the permissions of the files on the linux-disk
from the mac?
thanx again.
oswald