Subject: Problems with installation

From: Jesse Swensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 07:23:08 -0400

I am trying to install netatalk14b2 on NetBSD running on a Macintosh SE/30.
I have been able to compile and install, but when I run rc.atalk I get an
error:

bind: Can't assign requested address

I am at a loss as what to look for and/or where.  Any ideas?

___________________________________________________________________

Jesse Swensen        111 Vashon CT.       (919) 481-3480 (home)
[email-masked]       Cary, NC  27513      (919) 481-3363 (FAX)

       "Intel Inside" The worlds most used warning label.
___________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 19:04:47 -0400

> From:    Jesse Swensen <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> I am at a loss as what to look for and/or where.  Any ideas?

I can tell you where to start.  I don't have the NetBSD patches right
in front of me, but they're based on the original 4.3BSD DDP code.
Check out netatalk/ddp_usrreq.c, at_pcbsetaddr().  The error you're
getting is EADDRNOTAVAIL, I think.  A few printf()'s ought to be very
illuminating.

:wes