Subject: problem

From: m* <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:24:42 -0500

stats:

Debian kernel version 2.0.27
netatalk version: 1.3.3-4

primary use of netatalk services is our art department using Adobe
Pagemaker ( i know, Pagemaker is not designed as a network app, and
maybe this is the problem, or at least a contributing factor ) and
Illustrator.

excerpt from inter-office comm:

"
The problem she is having (the problem we're all having), is that
sometimes the server gets confused about file types while you're copying
so that your just finished perfect PageMaker file looks to the Macintosh
like a big Illustrator file. This is bad.
"

question:

is netatalk corrupting the resource or data fork or could the corruption
actually be occurring on the Mac desktops which is then passed on
to the server which is just doing it's job and saving the file it
was handed?

your expertise will be greatly appreciated!

mark

-- 
"The Shining One"
--