Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] a15 compile problems

From: James Sentman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:08:45 -0500

hi folks,

Have been using the vanilla version of netatalk from the web site on our
solaris server for quite a while. When we upgraded to OS8 it started having
the same problems that everyone else is experiencing. I've tried compiling
the asun a15 version but get the following compiler messages. What am I
doing wrong? The 1.4b2 version compiled no problem. Thanks for your help.

-James

m1 --> Output/Warnings/Errors
gcc -I../../sys/solaris -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -DPHASE1NET  -c
 multicast.c
In file included from multicast.c:6:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:143: parse error before `u_short'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:143: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:145: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:152: parse error before `u_short'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:152: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:153: warning: data definition has no type or
storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:195: parse error before `caddr_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:195: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:199: parse error before `msg_accrights'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:199: warning: data definition has no type or
storage c
lass
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:201: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:260: parse error before `dev_t'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:260: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:262: parse error before `}'
multicast.c: In function `addmulti':
multicast.c:298: storage size of `sa' isn't known
multicast.c:300: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
multicast.c:302: `SIOCADDMULTI' undeclared (first use this function)
multicast.c:302: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
multicast.c:302: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `multicast.o' (on host m1)
Current working directory /usr3/app/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a15.1/etc/atalkd
Waiting for 1 job to finish
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `atalkd'
Current working directory /usr3/app/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a15.1/etc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `../../etc'
Current working directory /usr3/app/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a15.1/sys/solaris
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

__________________________________________________________________
 James Sentman                            [email-masked]
 Internet Systems Specialist                            Media One
 (804) 264-4097
 http://www.mediaone.com/          http://shoga.wwa.com/~sentman/
__________________________________________________________________