Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing on Solaris 2

From: Pete Carnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:07:57 +1100

Dear admins

I am having difficulty printing from a Mac to solaris 2.5. I have the
pap running OK as I can print postscript pages out of the Sparc, but
when printing to the published chooser device, the mac reports

Looking for LaserWriter Petes_QMS

and thats it. 

The pap process has quit. Running the papd with a -d flag it tells me
that there was a segmentation fault and pap has core dumped. All the
readme's seem related to BSD, and Solaris is different. Can someone give
me a pointer or if not I will send it into the bug dept. I have also
looked through other mails under the existing mailing lists and there
are other questions about this subject but no answers.

Thanks in advance

Pete Carnell

--
		-----%%%%%%%-----%%%%%%------

Peter Carnell
Product Development Manager
Hyphen Asia Pacific		3/3 Mentmore Avenue
Rosebery			NSW 2018
Sydney				Oz
Tel  +61 (0)2 9313 6788		Fax  +61 (0)2 9313 6209
MailTo:[email-masked]	Web  http://www.hyphen.com.au