Subject: [netatalk-admins] version a13 of my netatalk patches is now available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:06:38 -0700 (PDT)

you can get my a13 patches at ftp.u.washington.edu. pick and choose:

<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a13.tar.gz>
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/1.4b2-asun2.0a13.diff.gz>
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/asun2.0a12-a13.diff.gz>

if you're applying diffs, make sure to use something like the
following:
	patch -d <directory> -p1 

what this version does:
1) fixes a desktop icon bug that inadvertantly crept in. if your
   .AppleDesktop has been modified by my patches, you MUST delete the
   contents. crashes may happen if you don't. sorry about that one.

2) adds singing and dancing configuration files. look in
   config/afpd.conf for more info. you can do wondrous things like
   kill -HUP; kill -HUP to perform server re-configurations. 

3) adds in a modified version of redhat's PAM patches. it's on for
   Linux machines by default now. i've also added the ability to
   change passwords if desired. that option is off by
   default. redhat's sample PAM entry is in config/netatalk.pamd.

4) hopefully fixes constant updates by not sending server
   notifications anymore. 

5) should compile and run under solaris. it turns out that the solaris
   STREAMS module doesn't like setsockopt. you'll get a warning
   letting you know about that.

6) interactive response might be a teensy bit snappier as i now
   combine header and data writes to clients.

-a

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:11:58 -0700 (PDT)

erk. of course, i got the urls wrong.

here are the real ones:
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a13.tar.gz>
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/1.4b2-asun2.0a13.diff.gz>
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/asun2.0a12-a13.diff.gz>

-a