Subject: [netatalk-admins] AppleVolumes.default customization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 17:07:05 -1000

Hi friends,

I've set up a Linux box with netatalk (1.4b2+asun2.0a15.2) and samba
cooperating. I have Mac users, Win95 users as well as Unix users. This 
is why have chosen to put Win and Mac files into ~user/DOS+MAC. The
[homes] section in the samba config points onto %H/DOS+MAC and appears 
as \\server\username. I'd like to have the same behaviour on
Macs. Currently, since the entry in AppleVolumes.default is ~/DOS+MAC, 
I can no more benefit of the username substitution that occurs when
using ~.

It would be nice if this config file could handle 'magic tokens' like
the one in samba.

Has anyone ever thought of this or is this irrelevant ?

Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

BTW, Does someone know how to cure my netatalk ? He sometimes insults
me via syslog :

Sep 30 09:53:23 lyloo afpd[2921]: bad function BF

Oct  6 11:41:30 lyloo afpd[8201]: dsi_cmdreply: Bad file number

Oct  6 11:35:57 lyloo afpd[315]: asp_alrm: 7984 timed out
Oct  6 11:36:07 lyloo afpd[7984]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Oct  6 11:36:17 lyloo afpd[7984]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed out

Any hint ?

-- 
                                                       _ 
David PAQUET             email : [email-masked]       __\ /\
System Coconut           phone : +689 861214         / _\|__ 
                         fax   : +689 861019          //o\\ \ 
                                                      |   \\
Civil Aviation                                             ||
TAHITI - French Polynesia ________________________________/  \