Subject: Re: AFP 2.2 Rev8

From: Dave Zarzycki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 97 08:31:25 -0700

>	There are actually two "unofficial" implementations of
>AFP-over-TCP for netatalk. One is the "netatalk-2.0a6" distribution from
>Adrian Sun of washington.edu and the other is my more modest
>"afptcpd-0.1a3" distribution.  The "netatalk-2.0a6" dist. is a major
>revision of 1.4b2 that incorporates AFP 2.2 (including AFP-over-TCP) into
>afpd. The "afptcpd" dist. is an add-on (separate daemon) to 1.4b2. Both
>run under Linux 2.0.x/2.1.x and SunOS 4.1.x. ARGGGG Pager just went off.

Okay, so where might I get them? ;-)

I would like to do some comparative testing against AppleShare IP 5.0.

This of course would be a spare time activity, but I would use the same 
test tools that AppleShare uses.

Dave

-------------------------------------------------------------
Dave Zarzycki                       Student
Workgroup Server QA Tester          San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc.
[email-masked]                  [email-masked]