Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing on solaris

From: Mario Haza <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:55:27 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, i know this is not a new issue (for me is becasue i wasn't subscribed
to this list) but i have a big deal here.

I have been using netatalk on Linux for a long time but recently i have to
make a UNIX (Sun) / Windows NT servers evaluation. So idecided
to install netatalk on solaris 2.6 on a Ultra 1.

For the file server it works pretty well but i can't configure the
printing daemon (papd) on lpsched.

Is this problem resolved? What are my chances?

Thanks in advance.

*************************************************************************
*                                                      _                *
*  Mario "Mago" Haza.                                 / \       ___     *
*  Centro de Investigacion en Computacion Educativa   \  \     /\_/     *
*  Coordinacion de Soporte Tecnico                     \  \   /  /      *
*   Research Center for Computing & Education           \  \ /  /       *
*   Technical Support                                   / O   O \       *
*                                                      |   >o<   |      *
*  e-mail: [email-masked]                  \ _[|]_ /       *
*          [email-masked]                ____{||}___{||}____  *
*          [email-masked]                     |_________________|  *
*                                                     |           |     *
*  Tel. (5) 627-0210 Ext. 8530 u 8527                 |           |     *
*       Ciudad de Mexico (Mexico City)                |           |     *
*                                                     |___________|     *
*                                                                       *
*************************************************************************

---

From: Tim Rand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:57:13 -0500

>printing daemon (papd) on lpsched.

I am using Solaris 2.5.1 and printing through the "pipe" support in the
print queuing.  My papd.conf file contains:

 >QMS 2000 Spool:\
 >     :pr=|/usr/bin/lp:op=operator:pd=/usr/share/lib/ppd/QMS2000.PPD:

This seems to work just fine and should work for you.  Try it.