Subject: [netatalk-admins] Samba Printing with pap...

From: Ben Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:19:50 -0700

I'm having a problem getting pap printing to work with samba.  I know this
isn't a samba list, but I thought someone here might have had this problem.
 when ever a print job come by way of samba, it hits ofpap and tryies to
print it as text, the result is that nothing comes out of the printer at
all.  I'm not real familiar with lpd so the problem may be there.

heres my printcap
lp|Cool Printer|HP LaserJet 6P:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:\
	:lp=/dev/null:\
	:lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/err-lpr:\
	:if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:\
	:of=/usr/local/atalk/etc/filters/ofpap:

filter is the provided filter that comes with redhat.  I have tried
removing that line and leaving the of line, with no success.  I also tried
removing the of line and making if read:

	:if=/usr/local/atalk/etc/filters/ifpap:

but that didn't work either, any ideas

-> Ben

---

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 13:19:09 +0200

>but that didn't work either, any ideas

did you enter:

[laser]
        postscript = True

in your smb.conf?

cheers
gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 gregor retti ---------------- http://germ2.uibk.ac.at/germ/retti.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------