Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing problems with Netatalk-1.4b2 / MacOS 7.6.1 / Linux 2.0.30

From: Michael Amster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:44:48 -0700

Hi:

I have looked for an answer in the FAQs for this one, but have not found it:

When printing from a MacOS 7.6.1 machine, the print job hangs "checking the
printer's attributes".  This same setup used to work with MacOS 7.5.3.

I have a papd.conf file with:

hplj4mp:pr=lp:pd=/usr/local/atalk/etc/HP4MP6_1.PPD:op=root:

Checking the nbplkup shows:

hplj4mp:LaserWriter	65280.128

Lastly, after a few moments of trying, the Mac screen gives an alert:

The document "blah" failed to print on the printer "hplj4mp" because the
connection to the printer closed unexpectedly.

Mac config: System 7.6.1, LaserWriter Driver 8.4.1, Chooser using
LaserWrite GX.

I'm a Unix guy, so forgive me if I've made an obvious Mac error.

-MA
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-WEBEASY-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Michael Amster					[email-masked]
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 300			Tel: 310.574.5339
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292		       	Fax: 310.574.5327