Subject: [netatalk-admins] Corruption using netatalk 1.3.3

From: Gavin Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:24:09 -0400 (EDT)

We're running netatalk 1.3.3 under Linux, and we're getting two
distinct types of file corruption at our site when doing copies using
finder.  We are using our own build of netatalk with CRLF translation
off (this really belongs in a command line argument.)

Text files are occasionally truncated when copied off.

Other times, data from other text files is appended to such a
truncated file.

Other times, copies work fine.  This behaviour has only been observed
with text files.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Will going up to 1.4b2 fix
this?  Our server is pretty much unusable in this state.

- Gavin

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:27:35 +0200 (MET DST)

> off (this really belongs in a command line argument.)

Are you really sure that you are running the non-CRLF afpd?
Shut down AppleTalk services and replace the daemon then. Or do it in 
singleuser mode. Safer Hex ;-)

PoC