Subject: Can someone setup a digest for this list?

From: "Thomas H. Grayson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 19:37:23 EDT

Now that the traffic on this list has skyrocketed, I'd greatly prefer to get a 
daily digest of the messages rather than receive each one individually.  Could 
one of the list maintainers please set up this option?

Tom Grayson

---

From: Mario Klebsch DG1AM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 01:41:26 +0200

Hi!

>one of the list maintainers please set up this option?

What about starting the procedure to create a newsgroup? This
mailinglist does proof that there is enough traffic for a newsgroup.

73, Mario
-- 
Mario Klebsch, DG1AM, [email-masked]		+49 531 / 391 - 7457
Institut fuer Robotik und Prozessinformatik der TU Braunschweig
Hamburger Strasse 267, 38114 Braunschweig, Germany

---

From: Edan Idzerda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 19:48:52 -0400 (EDT)

> mailinglist does proof that there is enough traffic for a newsgroup.

Well, there is already comp.protocols.atalk, which doesn't really 
get that much traffic.

- edan

--
Edan Idzerda	<[email-masked]>
System Administrator --  Michigan Technological University, Houghton MI

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:52:13 -0400 (EDT)

It is claimed, but unverified, that Mario Klebsch DG1AM wrote:
[...]
> > Now that the traffic on this list has skyrocketed, I'd greatly
> > prefer to get a daily digest of the messages rather than receive
> > each one individually.  Could one of the list maintainers please
> > set up this option?
>

No, it isn't even close.  If I got 100 messages/day, MAYBE.  Subscribe
to the firewalls list to get an idea of an active mail list.  Use
filters to put it into a separate folder.  Or start using
news:comp.protocols.appletalk.

I just don't want to open this up to the huge amount of SPAM
that a newsgroup gets (and the question from people that are
utterly off-topic but vaguely related to serving Appletalk.

A digest would be nice.

chuck