Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems copying recursively

From: Brian Eric Bothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:22:01 -0500 (EST)

I am running netatalk 1.42b under RedHat Linux 4.2 (soon to be Redhat
5.0)
and am having the following problem:

When our Mac users try and copy entire directories from a mounted
AppleShare, they get error messages about "file could not be found" for
*every* file that is in any directories below the one they are trying to
copy.
(EG they try and move MYSTUFF to their Mac, but MYSTUFF has a
sub-directory in it called JUNK.  None of the files from JUNK will copy.
They all say "file could not be found")

Should recursive directory copies work?  I saw in the atalkd man page that
"It is not possible to move directories between devices." but not sure if
this applies or not.

Thanks!

-Brian

------------------------------------------------------
| Brian Bothwell:   http://php.indiana.edu/~brbothwe |
|               CS Masters student		     |
|   Center for Excellence in Education/Wisdom Tools  |  
------------------------------------------------------