Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: a sun patches followup to filemaker problems

From: "J. Stenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 19:31:07 -0600 (CST)

a sun (and netatalk list folks),

Sorry, I didn't mean to debase your scripts on the netatalk forum.  I was
having problems with a Solaris 2.5.1 install.  

My fault.  You knew that.

But I figured it out and
installed everything with little incident.  WHile installing I got this:

add_drv No permission in permission file

I get this when I install Netatalk1.4b2 as well.  With the umich package
(non a sun-ed) I can do just about everything regardless of this apparent
problem.  However Netatalk1.4b2+asun.. (latest version as far as I know
from your site) has a problem.  Everything loads up and the server is
available to apple clients but when a client tries to login with the
chooser there is a long pause before available volumes are listed.  Then,
it shows the user the home directory but when clicked it says that a pipe
was broken.

Here are some of the things I have done (install stuff):
commented tcpwrap stuff (where do I get this?)
commented randnum stuff (will get the libs tonight)
commented pam stuff
added services.atalk additions to /etc/services (why the 'k'? typo?)

So the questions are: 
does this problem sound familiar?  WHat can I do?
is the drv_config stuff related?
how do I set permission in the /etc/minor_perm file? (i will look into
this elsewhere so don't answer if it does not relate.)

And two more:
I am unsure about the README.ASUN text.  Do I need 7.6.1 before this patch
set works or just for the randnum stuff (or was it the TCPWRAP stuff)?  
(I have 7.6 on the macs)
WHat's this about STREAMS module?

Thanks for making your work available to us all (a sun and wes and
others).  This program cooks.  It is really great and unbelievably
inexpensive.  I like free.  :P

Regards,
-jarrod

--                                   --
Jarrod P. Stenberg                   [email-masked]
612.646.6427                         www.visi.com/~jarrod
612.901.6650                         www.denizen.net

"Anishanabeg got big pejogs" - Dubliner bar