Subject: [netatalk-admins] new problem

From: John Barry -Technician <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 97 15:43:55 BST

Hi folks,
I have a new problem, I edited atalkd.conf, so now it's only trying to
bind to one interface (le1) thusly:
le1 -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 65280.240

I still get a memory fault on nbprgstr from rc.atalk but it's non specific,
it doesn't tell me what it's having problems registering. I also get a dsi
complaint once all the daemons are up.

with nbplkup I get the following:

                         hector:AFPServer                          65280.240:130
         Home & Intranet server:AFPServer                          65280.240:129
             Application server:AFPServer                          65280.240:128
                         hector:netatalk                           65280.240:4
                         hector:Workstation                        65280.240:4

The problem is that they don't show up in the chooser, and if I connect
directly to the IP address, then it connects me to "Application server" rather
than giving me a list of what's available.

When I connect to "Application server" everything works fine, I get the
choices I should get, it mounts the right directory and appears on the desktop
etc.

I just don't understand why nothing appears in the chooser, no AFP Servers, no
Printers, nothing.
Ideas?
later
jb