Subject: [netatalk-admins] printing on Solaris

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:53:42 EST

Hi,

Can anyone give me any hints on getting printing to work on a Solaris
machine using the SysV printing utilities?  I am using plain netatalk
1.4b2 and Solaris 2.5.  I tried the method suggested at
http://www.crewes.ucalgary.ca/~henry/doc/sun/atalk_printer_setup.html,
but had less than stellar success--I can only print postscript, and
even that only works sporadically.
Or, should I switch over to ucb-style printing, since that seems to be
what netatalk is best at (at least that's what all the instructions
seem to be for)?

Thanks

Dave

-- 
David A. Schneider			Dept. of Linguistics
[email-masked]			46 E. Delaware
[email-masked]			Newark, DE 19716
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~dschneid	tel. (302) 831-8203