Subject: [netatalk-admins] [repost] can't use guest host

From: Francesco Potorti` <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 97 10:59 MET

Hi,

I posted this question some days ago, but I saw no answer, so I'll
post it again.

I installed netatalk in a Debian system, and everything seems to be
well, but I cannot use the guest account, i.e., the guest radio button
on the Mac remains grayed, so I cannot mount a volume as guest.

Do anybody of you manage to export a volume to be mounted as guest?

I just added the volume to AppleVolume.default, which makes it visible
to normal users, but not to guest.  I also browsed through the saved
archive of the last year of this list, but found nothing.

Thanks for reading

-- 
Francesco Potorti` (researcher)        Voice:    +39-50-593203
Computer Network Division              Operator: +39-50-593211
CNUCE-CNR, Via Santa Maria 36          Fax:      +39-50-904052
56126 Pisa - Italy                     Email:    [email-masked]

---

From: William LeFebvre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 13:31:48 -0500

You wrote:
> Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 10:59:00 +0700
> From: Francesco Potorti` <[email-masked]>
> To: Netatalk admins <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [netatalk-admins] [repost] can't use guest host

> archive of the last year of this list, but found nothing.

I put an entry in AppleVolume.system for a volume, and it allows guest
access.  Did you try that?

				William LeFebvre
				Group sys Consulting
				<[email-masked]>
				+1 770 813 3224