Subject: [netatalk-admins] Appleshare error -23

From: Erik Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:28:37 +0200

Hi,

I have a strange problem :

There are two directories in my .AppleVolumes file. Both directories
have the same permissions !!!, but in one of them I can't write any File
without getting an
Appleshare error -23 (Message from a german System 7.6.1. client)

This behaviour is the same with netatalk version 1.3.3 (RedHat 4.1 i386)
and 1.4b2+asun2.0a15.2 (Redhat 4.2 i386).

Where is the problem ?

- ApplShare Prep ?
- Server (netatalk + RedHat)
- Client (german system 7.6.1)
- or anything else I can look at?

Thanks.

---

Erik Heim

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:40:10 +0200 (MET DST)

> - or anything else I can look at?

Triple-check permissions, also those of the parents of the offending dirs 
and also the .AppleDouble entries. Try deleting the .AppleDesktop 
and Network Trash Folder (invisible from Mac-Side!).

:wq! PoC