Subject: [netatalk-admins] Auto file permission setting

From: Larry Coffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:40:54 -0400

I have a Linux box that I am using as a web site development
platform and am using netatalk to export the web site directory so I can
edit the files on my Mac. The only problem is that when I create a file as
a cgi, I have to telnet into the Linux box and manually set the file
permissions to be executable.

	Is there some way to have netatalk recognize particular file
endings and automatically set the permissions accordingly?

	I appologize if this is in a FAQ somewhere, I have looked at all
the web sites I could find and have been subscribed to this list for a few
days have have not seen a reference to a FAQ with this information.

	---Larry

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
  Larry Coffin                                [email-masked]
  Point Infinity                           http://www.PointInfinity.com
  Nantucket, Massachusetts                 508-325-6677 * fax: 325-6676
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

This signature is false.

-