Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems with netatalk1.4b2+asun2.0a14

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 97 14:26:52 -0700

First, I've got to state that asun's patches to netatalk 1.4b2 are great! 
 He's managed to cure *most* of my problems with netatalk 1.4b2 and Mac 
OS 8.
Unfortunately, there appears to be one final lingering problem.  The 
problem occurs when copying files from the netatalk volume to a native 
Mac HFS volume.  When the copy encounters a file that uses the default 
AppleVolumes.* file mapping, the copy stops, complaining that the file 
couldn't be found.  Since I have text and binary files on the netatalk 
volume, I've changed the default mapping in AppleVolumes.system to ".  
???? ????".  The problem _only_ seems to occur on files that do NOT have 
an filename extension - e.g., "Makefile".  Files that use the default 
mapping that _do_ have a filename extension seem to work ok.
Has anyone else seen this problem?

Jay O'Conor
[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Solmssen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:57:35 -0700 (PDT)

I've seen something similar - turning off the copy speed-up functions in
speed doubler solved my problem on 7.6.1.  Is there something similar
built-in to MacOS8? 

---- Andrew