Subject: AppleshareIP

From: Conner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 17:09:30 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning. I just subscribed to the list about twenty seconds ago, so
please forgive me if this is previously-covered territory.

What are the plans for support of Appleshare over tcp/ip? The client will
be bundled with the next MacOS release, which is about three weeks away.
There is a version of KA-Share (Xinet's commercial product for Irix)
which supports it available now. While I feel that netatalk is an
inherently superior method, I think that this protocol change will
represent a huge performance increase; probably enough to induce me to go
with a commercial product running on a platform I dislike. Please,
someone tell me that netatalk will also support this very shortly, and
save me from having to make the less pleasant decision?

-Conner

-----BEGIN GC BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GAT d++(--) H++>+++ s+:+ !g>g+ !p au-- a? w++ v++ C++++ W++ L++ P--- 
3- N+ E---- K- W----- O- M+++ V-- PS+(+++) PE@ PGP++ X DI++ G  Y+ 
t !5 jx R@ G('') !tv b+++ D- B-- e* u+ h++(!h) f+ r(+) n@ y++
------END GC BLOCK-----