Subject: [netatalk-admins] solaris 2.6 compilation errors

From: "Brian Fernald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:56:07 -0700

I am trying to compile under Solaris 2.6.  I am using the latest version of
gcc. I get the following error .  Is this a problem under solaris 2.6? Does
anyone have any suggestions of how to get around this?

Making all for solaris...
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return -D__svr4
__ -DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  aarp.c
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return -D__svr4
__ -DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  ddp.c
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return -D__svr4
__ -DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  ddptp_rdq.c
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return -D__svr4
__ -DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  ddptp_utls.c
ddptp_utls.c:49: conflicting types for `msgdsize'
/usr/include/sys/stream.h:705: previous declaration of `msgdsize'
ddptp_utls.c:52: conflicting types for `allocb'
/usr/include/sys/stream.h:687: previous declaration of `allocb'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ddptp_utls.o'
Current working directory /source/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2/sys/solaris
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Thanks,

Brian Fernald
Systems & Network Administrator
The Neurosciences Institute
Phone : 619-626-2000
Fax : 619-626-2099
Email : [email-masked]