Subject: [netatalk-admins] problems compiling netatalk+asun

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:36:40 -0400 (EDT)

I'm having problems compiling netatalk+asun on Linux 2.0.30 Redhat 4.2 and I'd
like to download the source again.  Could someone tell me where to get the
netatalk+asun tar file?

Thanks

Dh
------         David Hamm - [email-masked]           --------

---

From: "Michael M. Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:50:51 -0400 (EDT)

> ------         David Hamm - [email-masked]           --------
Greetings David,
	What problems are you having ????? I've worked with Adrian from
the start and use the RedHat Configuration.

					Regards
					Mike Freeman

---

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:56:30 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the reply. Below are the messages I get when I try to run make.
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/dhamm/downloads/new/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a12/libatalk/asp'
gcc -I/usr/include  -p -DTCPWRAP  -O5 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char
-Wunused -I../../include -c asp_attn.c
In file included from ../../include/atalk/asp.h:29,
                 from asp_attn.c:13:
./../include/netatalk/endian.h:87: parse error before `is'
In file included from ../../include/atalk/asp.h:32,
                 from asp_attn.c:13:
./../include/atalk/afp.h:36: parse error before `}'
make[3]: *** [asp_attn.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/dhamm/downloads/new/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a12/libatalk/asp'
make[2]: *** [asp] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/dhamm/downloads/new/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a12/libatalk'
make[1]: *** [../../libatalk] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/dhamm/downloads/new/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a12/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

------         David Hamm - [email-masked]           --------

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 18:11:50 +0200 (MET DST)

> `/home/dhamm/downloads/new/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a12/libatalk/asp'

Place the netatalk-source directory direct under /usr/src. In some files, 
there seem to be relative pathes, which won't work in your directory 
structure.

PoC