Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing to Mac-connected Imagewriter?

From: Michael Land Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 19:44:22 -0500 (CDT)

I have an Apple Imagewriter II connected to the serial printer port of my
Mac IIsi.  Can I print to it using pap?  The nbplkup does not show any
:ImageWriter listings.  I'd like to know whether I can make the
ImageWriter II visible on the network.  If so, what steps do I need to
take?  Thanks for any advice.

Michael Land Morgan
[email-masked]
http://MLMorgan.home.ml.org

---

From: Kevin Heflin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 00:26:48 -0500 (CDT)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, if not maybe
point me in the right direction.

Our Linux Admin. recently installed the latest version of Netatalk I
believe it's called, which support AppleShareIP.

I'm running MacOS8, when I try accessing the server via AppleshareIP,
over the local Ethernet everything works great. However when trying to
access over a PPP connection, downloads work fine, but uploading files to
the server lock me up everytime.

Any suggestion or comments would be appreciated.

Kevin 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
[email-masked]    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alistair Riddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 20:40:43 +0100 (BST)

If the ImageWriter has a simple serial port, then I don't think there is
any way to share it on the network. If however it has a localtalk port
then you might be able to share it using LocalTalk Bridge. This would make
it visible on the network. However I don't think you could print to the
ImageWriter from a unix system since AFAIK there are no QuickDraw filters
available.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 447 7931 Ext 176       Fax: +44 131 452 8594