Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] how to identify a machine by its number?

From: Dave Zarzycki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 97 21:05:57 -0800

On 12/8/97 1:19 PM, a sun ([email-masked]) wrote:

>right now apple has a spiffy utility called netscan that actually runs
>around and creates a database of your appletalk network. i haven't
>fiddled with it that much as it seems to want a zoned appletalk
>network, but it might prove useful to those who want to keep track of
>the various appletalked machines on their network.

Netscan, unless it has changed since I last played with it, is a search 
engine and client for large AppleTalk networks with many machines which 
enable guest access to public files, etc.

davez

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave Zarzycki                                Student
Intern                                       San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc.                         [email-masked]
[email-masked]                           [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprints (RSA):  8AF2 1040 8A9C D025  47BE 70DD A51C C887
DSS/Diffie-Hellman: CB9E 2621 B4BA 3F96 3516  B312 15B4 D842 3809 EF99
Contact pgpkeys.mit.edu for my public keys.