Subject: Netatalk project update 5/23/97

From: Evan P Cordes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:26:33 -0400

Hello,

If you are receiving this mail, you are a member of the
[email-masked] mailing list.

If you no longer wish to be on this list, please send your administrative 
requests to 
[email-masked].
We will promptly take care of your request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The netatalk project has been on hold here for awhile now.  We are pleased to
announce that we are back on the job.

We are currently sorting through many pieces of valuable mail contributed to 
the list in the past few months.  

The current status of netatalk-related issues:
---------------------------------------------

1)  The web page is being revised.  Check out the faq and the new mail archive
from the main page.  We'll try and keep you updated when major changes occur 
here:

    http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/

2)  Your mail (if you've sent it) has not been dismissed.  We have a pile to 
sort through, including bug reports, bug fixes, new features to add, etc.  
We are in the process of testing much of the code sent to us, and analyzing
what will round out the final release of v1.4, and what will be further added
to the next version. 

3)  We are switching this list over to Majordomo.  Should make communication 
better in these waters.  

4)  Intended additions for full release v1.4:
        - building w/ AFS & kerberos for afpd on Solaris
        - printing in & out for Solaris
	- numerous bug fixes

    Estimated time of arrival (ETA) for v1.4:
	- please direct related questions to /dev/null
	- not to worry.  we're still here.
	  
5)  Beyond 1.4, we have lots of code, and potential additions to netatalk 
which have to be looked at.  For ETA, please see above.  

6)  The product is currently ported to those platforms listed on the webpage.
There is also an existing NetBSD port that will be integrated into 1.4.  No 
other ports are planned for 1.4.

--------------------------
Thanks for your attention,

[email-masked]

list requests to:       [email-masked]
list submissions:       [email-masked]
netatalk team   :       [email-masked]