Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems with netatalk on Solaris 2.5.1

From: [email-masked] (Alan Johnson)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:32:03 -0500

I seem to be having the same problems as many others are WRT DDP under
Solaris/etc. To backtrack a bit:

 1) Properly configured, one should see the Netatalk server in the Chooser, correct
 2) my problems are recorded in my syslog as:

    Nov 10 13:56:50 newkaizen unix: WARNING: DDP:tpiIoctlData - Can't add
multicast <le0>
    Nov 10 13:57:15 newkaizen unix: pseudo-device: vol0
    Nov 10 13:57:15 newkaizen unix: vol0 is /pseudo/vol@0
    Nov 10 13:57:17 newkaizen afpd[163]: Can't register server:AFPServer@*

    I have an atalkd.conf file that has a single line "le0 -zone EtherTalk" in it.

 3) my attempts to do zone lookups/NBP on the server:

    # ./getzones atp_rresp: Connection timed out

    # ./nbplkup (yields nothing)

 4) My TCP based connections work very nicely, thank you. 

 5) According to the asun docs, there is a beta STREAMS module, to assist with
the problems under Solaris. Where
    might I find this?

Specifics are:

Solaris 2.5.1
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a16

Any clues?

TIA, Alan