Subject: Solaris_X86 problems

From: Dejan Ilic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 17:12:41 +0200 (MET DST)

I tested netatalk 1.4b for the first time and after the compile-problems I
have described in earlier emails (missing include) I found that there is
some kernel-driver problem also.

Solaris starts up without problems and as long as I dont access the
appletalk-part there is no problem.

BUT when I try to run atalkd I get problems:

atalkd.conf .. Nowhere in the documentation did I find the WHERE it should
be stored. The docs (atalkd.conf.8) talks about /atalkd.conf there is
should be something like "${ETCDIR}/atalkd.conf". Anyway I found it after
browsing the source.

Then when modifying it I found myself thinking "should I try with etx0 or
ddp0 ?". Again, nowhere it is said which one to use. I tested etx0, my
first and only ethernet interface in this machine.

starting atalkd succeeded only once. Three tests more resulted in a
kernel-trap and reboot. I have no idea where to go from here.

The machine is a Pentium-100 with Solaris 2.5 + all the Sun recomended
patches and DU9 driver-patch. The ethernet card is a 3com-905TX running on
a 10Mb/s net. There is another (main) server running as gateway and
appletalk-server on the same network. It's running CAP6.0p197

Anyone successfully running NetAtalk on a Solaris_x86 machine ?
I didnt try any netatalk-1.3.x as I understand it has almos no
solaris-support.

=====================================================================
Dejan Ilic, Tech Univ. of Linkoping, Sweden   Phone: +46-13-473 01 06
Email: [email-masked]   Web: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~svedja

"I may look like The Devil but i'm an angel deep down in my heart"
=====================================================================
[finger -l [email-masked] for public PGP key]