Subject: [netatalk-admins] Pop up window on login?

From: KC Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:55:02 -0600 (CST)

We have one Linux machine serving many macs, with guest, read-only access,
with netatalk 1-4b2.  My question is.. is there some way I can have a
configurable pop-up window open up every time a guest connects to the
server? I want to use this to remind the users of the rules concerning use
of the server. 

KC Smith
[email-masked]						Click Here
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/kcsmith

---

From: Gregor Retti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 12:59:50 +0100

>server? I want to use this to remind the users of the rules concerning use

You could use AppleScript for that:

1) Make a simple script, displaying the information. Place it on the
server. Make an alias and copy the alias over to the Mac. Anyway this might
not work form time to time because of aliases beeing disconnected from
their originals an a afpd-server.

2) Make use of the MoundVolume extension to mount the server volume(s) and
display your message.

regards
gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 gregor retti ----------- http://germanistik.uibk.ac.at/germ/retti.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------