Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2224 oscilloscope
From: Jack Rouse <[email-masked]>
To: TekScopes <[email-masked]>, tom jobe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:18:36 -0400
List-Id: <TekScopes.yahoogroups.com>

Denis Cobley wrote:
> Hi Guys
> 
> This is just how Tek rolls firmware revisions - the higher the -0X
> number the later the firmware.
> 
> I would burn the 06 versions for both.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Denis

Denis is right, the 160-6192-06/160-6188-06 firmware seems to be 
designed for the 2232, 2224, and 2221A scopes.  The firmware determines 
which type of scope it is in by querying the jumpers connected to U3401 
on the storage board.  A 2232 has jumpers W3400 to W3402 installed.  On 
the 2224, W3400 is removed.

The storage board in my 2224 appears to be a 2232 board with W3400 
clipped off.  Restoring the jumper has allowed me to use the higher 
sweep rates in digital storage mode.  A standard 2224 is limited to 
non-repetitive mode for digital storage.

Jack Rouse

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TekScopes/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TekScopes/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[email-masked] 
    mailto:[email-masked]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/